• Register
  • Help

Topic: Custom built giga rigs

Share/Bookmark

Custom built giga rigs

Anyone know of any company that would put together a gigastudio optimised pc? in the uk, or at least exports to the uk (and they\'ll work in the uk! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] )

Re: Custom built giga rigs

Hi James, have you considered doing it yourself?

You don\'t even need to build the system on your own, just compile a list of the parts you need by checking forums like these. Then take your shopping list to a regular computer vendor and have them assemble it to spec.

I recently did this and the shop put it all together for free since I was buying all of the components through them. I could\'ve actually built it on my own, but I figured if they damage anything whilst assembling it, the ownus falls on them and not me.

Another thought, check out some of the sites that build custom DAW\'s. They will have chosen particular components for a reason.

Hope this helps, Scott.

Originally posted by Scott Cairns:
    Hi James, have you considered doing it yourself?

You don\'t even need to build the system on your own, just compile a list of the parts you need by checking forums like these. Then take your shopping list to a regular computer vendor and have them assemble it to spec.

I recently did this and the shop put it all together for free since I was buying all of the components through them. I could\'ve actually built it on my own, but I figured if they damage anything whilst assembling it, the ownus falls on them and not me.

Another thought, check out some of the sites that build custom DAW\'s. They will have chosen particular components for a reason.

Hope this helps, Scott.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Thank you scott,

Self build is by far your cheapest option, but if you really want to spend out you could check out Carillon UK . I\'ve no experience personally with their DAW\'s BTW, but it\'s worth a look just to compare what a custom builder will give you as opposed to a self-build vs. price etc.

FWIW i build my own [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum