• Register
  • Help

Topic: The Dance

Share/Bookmark

The Dance

Here's a new one that started with two different Hive synth patches to create music with two parts. The bridge is ABBA meets The Who.

The Dance

Re: The Dance

The first part is my favored, of course you'll understand. Crazy as I am, loving the romantics, I also liked ABBA, quite far from Mahler and Brahms and Bruckner. I could hear some reminders for ABBA in the second half ( some Chickita somewhere). All in all, I enjoyed your post again...
    Ted

Quote Originally Posted by tedvanya View Post
    The first part is my favored, of course you'll understand. Crazy as I am, loving the romantics, I also liked ABBA, quite far from Mahler and Brahms and Bruckner. I could hear some reminders for ABBA in the second half ( some Chickita somewhere). All in all, I enjoyed your post again...
    Ted
    Thanks for commenting Ted,

I thought you would like the first part more than the second part.

I think this was probably The Embrace Part 2. The simplicity of romantic feelings and then the complications of relationships expressed in the dance.

The ABBA meets The Who idea is the keyboard slide, which was the beginning of Dancing Queen and then the heavy 1-5-4 chord structure that began The Who’s song Teenage Wasteland. The bridge between the first and second part. I was just acknowledging my musical theft.

Phil

Wow... This is quite nice. I too favored the first section.. I liked the first statement, then the 2nd, and back to first. Nice process. Nice sounds and atmosphere.. arpeggios

Phil,

I like both parts.

In the first part I like best the second half of it without the choir.
    What I miss at the ending of it is a fade out. It stops abruptly.

The second part is vibrant and alive and the ending sounds natural.

~ Yudit ~

Quote Originally Posted by angelonyc View Post
    Wow... This is quite nice. I too favored the first section.. I liked the first statement, then the 2nd, and back to first. Nice process. Nice sounds and atmosphere.. arpeggios
    Thanks Mark!

Yes, the first section had some variations on similar musical idea.

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by sunbird View Post
    Phil,

I like both parts.

In the first part I like best the second half of it without the choir.
    What I miss at the ending of it is a fade out. It stops abruptly.

The second part is vibrant and alive and the ending sounds natural.

~ Yudit ~
    Hello Yudit!

I’m glad you liked this one.

I guess the first part doesn’t have a real noticeable fade but there is a convolution(EastWest Spaces) hall reverb that I used with the sampled instrument and a faint synth tail. It’s probably more noticeable with ear phones or buds.

The second part does pick up the pace and energy. The ending there is the synths with algorithmic reverb( VahallaVintageVerb)repeating the sampled instruments, again using Spaces. Spaces is technically the more “natural” reverb although Valhalla is a richer sounding reverb. I’ve been assigning them that way because using Valhalla with natural instruments has a tendency to produce noticeable articulations. At least that was an observation when folks on this forum were trying the free version with multiple orchestral instruments years ago.

I’ll try just using Valhalla and, or maxing out the verb settings with Spaces on my next project and double check that. Spaces ll is available but I haven’t really looked into it yet as it has pretty steep upgrade price(double what I paid for Spaces l) but it looks to be a pretty high end product, taking on Altiverb it seems.

Thanks for the comments!

Phil

Go Back to forum