• Register
  • Help

Topic: Zinkle Zinger

Share/Bookmark

Zinkle Zinger

6 minutes, 25 seconds of lively piano.Almost tonal. More episodic than developmental. Good "shake it around" music. The focus frequently shifts from voiced to voce., Impossible to define primary from accomoaniment, since they are all both. Link is to mp3 at Box.

Zinklel Zinger

Richard

Re: Zinkle Zinger

Oh, I would love to see a video you playing this! It is a real Tinkle Zinkle Zinger! Great.

Best to you my friend.

Ted

Richard,

I imagined this playing with silent movie scenes of manic dancing and crazy goings on.

A fun listen!

Phil

Pretty lively.. Yes, I'd like to see you play this. You got 'dancing' fingers.. Are these totally improvised or do you write out a few motifs to refresh your mind as you go.. covers some nice territory.

Quote Originally Posted by angelonyc View Post
    Pretty lively.. Yes, I'd like to see you play this. You got 'dancing' fingers.. Are these totally improvised or do you write out a few motifs to refresh your mind as you go.. covers some nice territory.
    Well, much of it was composed while on the bed for a nap. Eventually, I put it all down, and said to myself, "good idea, bad execution" and fiddled and tweaked and revised it massively many times. Finally, it told me it was done, and there it is. I do a lot of composing while sitting in waiting rooms (in order to maintain vision, I see my opthalmalogist frequently).

My idea in this piece was to combine elements of boogie woogie in a minor key, a touch of Magyar, some bits of cinquillo, tressillo, some bamboula, and some ragtime, all flavored by my "dialect". It was work, but loads of fun.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by fastlane View Post
    Richard,

I imagined this playing with silent movie scenes of manic dancing and crazy goings on.

A fun listen!

Phil
    That would be a good use of this piece.!

Quote Originally Posted by tedvanya View Post
    Oh, I would love to see a video you playing this! It is a real Tinkle Zinkle Zinger! Great.

Best to you my friend.

Ted
    At my age, that would be quite an accomplishment, miraculous and probably a bit comical.

Richard

Go Back to forum