• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO5 Playback In Dorico Audio Example

Share/Bookmark

GPO5 Playback In Dorico Audio Example

Hello Everyone,

Should anyone be interested in GPO5 playback in the new notation editor Dorico, I have prepared a project of audio examples, including our very own GPO5, for anyone to read and to listen to. These are raw audio from out-of-the-box default installs with no additional tools used.

Having been with Finale for over 25 years and due to growing dissatisfaction with the product and the direction the company were moving, I made the move to Dorico two years ago and have never looked back. My workflow since has been to prepare all my scores in Dorico, then take a MIDI file into the amazing Reaper.

The topic of ARIA Player intergration and playback of Garritan libraries, especially GPO5, has been raised often and I have been asked many times about this. So, here it is, "Playback In Dorico" project link:

Michael Memo 16 ~ Playback In Dorico

I hope this will be of interest to someone.

Best wishes,

Michael
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Re: GPO5 Playback In Dorico Audio Example

Hello Michael!

I listened to the "real" performance, and tried to play the three audios you posted, but they do not work.
    This is so interesting, I really wish to hear all three, could you help?
    Thanks

Ted

Nice to see a Reaper screenshot over there, Michael!
    Fabio
    Arrigo Beyle / Milanese / Lived, wrote, loved -- Stendhal
    Being Italian is a full-time job -- B. Severgnini

Quote Originally Posted by fabiolcati View Post
    Nice to see a Reaper screenshot over there, Michael!
    Hello Fabio,

Thanks for looking in and, yes, Reaper .. just the best DAW there is. Admittedly it does have more of a learning curve but that's just how it is.
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by tedvanya View Post
    Hello Michael!

I listened to the "real" performance, and tried to play the three audios you posted, but they do not work.
    This is so interesting, I really wish to hear all three, could you help?
    Thanks

Ted
    Hello Ted,

Thanks for your interest and I'm sorry the files wouldn't playback for you. It does sound rather like a browser issue .. would you tell me whch browser you are using?

I've added direct links to the audio files now so they should play in any browser. This does mean you'll be taken off the page but you can just click on your browser 'back' arrow top left (usually) to go straight back to where you were on my page.

Please let me know if this works for you, if not I'll try something else.

Best wishes,

Michael
    Michael

Hello Michael,

Many thanks for the information here and the tutorial over in FoG. Interesting.

I had followed the Dorico development blog and looked at the product a few times over the intervening years with interest.
    Admittedly, GPO5 integration was foremost in my thoughts and your post has answered that more than adequately.
    I'd taken a brief 'shufti' at NotePerformer too.
    Am I right in thinking that NotePerformer takes the place of the 'humanise' function in Finale?

I have used Finale only since 2012, living with that version until very recently, when I decided to upgrade to v26.

My sequencer/DAW software of choice has been XGworks (mid to late '90s), Cakewalk Pro Audio, later Sonar 7 PE, and very recently CbB (now x64 and very stable).

I've frequently been tempted to go to Dorico, it looks so good, but the 'Elements' version is too lightweight for my use. The full version is outside my affordable price range, even if allowed to do a downloaded crossgrade.

So, interesting as the article is, I'll probably stick with Finale and CbB, but many thanks anyway.

Kind regards,
    JohnG.
    Author of MIDI tutorials at http://midi-tutor.proboards.com/index.cgi

Hello John,

Many thanks for calling by and for your interest.

Quote Originally Posted by SysExJohn View Post
    ..... Am I right in thinking that NotePerformer takes the place of the 'humanise' function in Finale?
    I believe that is the case. On their website they say regarding Human Playback: [Quote] We extend your Default Prefs configuration with NotePerformer's custom Human Playback Preferences. [Unquote]

For interest and should anyone reading this like to follow it up, here's a link to their full Finale Guide.

https://www.noteperformer.com/?page=support_finale

Best wishes,

Michael
    Michael

Go Back to forum