• Register
  • Help

Topic: Spitfire Studio Strings

Share/Bookmark

Spitfire Studio Strings

Do any one of you use this? How do you like it? It is on sale now and I like the sounds, contemplating buying it.

Ted

Re: Spitfire Studio Strings

I have the Spitfire Studio Strings Pro version. I like how they sound and haven't ran into many tuning issues like in another library I have. Only drawback is that there is only one short patch although it can be layered with the sustains for more variations with length. For the price, they are a great buy.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by tedvanya View Post
    Do any one of you use this? How do you like it? It is on sale now and I like the sounds, contemplating buying it.

Ted
    I might be interested in this as well, but I don't see anywhere that they are on sale. What news do you have, Ted? Thanks!

Gary
    Serenity Musician Productions (Gary A.)

Lenovo ThinksStation S30, Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 20 gig ram, 2 terabyte hd., M-Audio Fast Track, Finale25, Sonar Professional

Talking to Spitfire, a sale is coming up in a few weeks, suggest to you to became a member on their site, then you'll have an announcement of the sale by email, which will be on for a week or so. I am holding back.

Ted

I have Studio Strings Pro (as well as, Studio Brass Pro and Studio Woodwinds Pro). I really like the sound. And the number of articulations and instrument variety, is impressive. Be aware, it's recorded in a smaller room, so the room ambience is there, but not like the Symphonic range of Spitfire orchestral products. For me, I really like a dryer sounding library, so happy with the close, tight sound versus the larger symphonic sections. Spitfire is also great for articulation management. I use the UACC KS method to manage key switches (uses the velocity of key C-2 to switch between each articulation). By using this method in Kontakt with the Core, Decorative and Legato Instruments loaded together on the same MIDI channel, you can seamless switch between all articulations for each instrument. Hosted in Cubase, I also have Expression Maps (from Babylon Waves) for the Studio Pro products, to simplify Key Switch Management. For the larger, articulation rich products (like Studio Pro), Spitfire's approach is a good solution. I also think the price is fair, given what you get. If they are going on sale soon, all the better.

Thanks all of you, I'll wait for the sale.

Ted

I've just been notified from Spitfire about their discounts. Go into their website and put whatever library you want into your "wish list." This has to be done no later than one minute before midnight tomorrow night. Then you will be eligible (not sure when) for a 40% discount on individual products and up to 65% off collections. Get it while you can!

Gary
    Serenity Musician Productions (Gary A.)

Lenovo ThinksStation S30, Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 20 gig ram, 2 terabyte hd., M-Audio Fast Track, Finale25, Sonar Professional

Thanks, I have been notified and downloading it now, $ 149, instead of the regular 249. Can't wait to try...and will report how I like it.

I like it. Since I hate keyswitches, messing up all in my staff view, I found that CC can be used quite easily instead. That alone is worth it and I sure like the sound better than what I had. Still learning, but some progress has been made.

Re: Spitfire Studio Strings - Dealing with Keyswitches

Quote Originally Posted by tedvanya View Post
    I like it. Since I hate keyswitches, messing up all in my staff view, I found that CC can be used quite easily instead. That alone is worth it and I sure like the sound better than what I had. Still learning, but some progress has been made.

Some Daws (Logic Pro which I use) has a feature in the Scoring section, which limits the range of notes that will be displayed, an easy way to not have very low notes, or high. This is best, cause you can continue to edit the piece from the score editor and hear the midi play the notes. I would assume other DAWs have this feature

Another method, I also create 'dummy track' for display. This is a copy of the real MIDI track. On the dummy track, I can mute low notes, strip out sustain commands, etc.) You can quantize, move some notes for a cleaner looking track.

Go Back to forum