• Register
  • Help

Topic: Duet for guitar and violin

Share/Bookmark

Duet for guitar and violin

Hello everybody,
    this piece is based on a couple of melodies, the first one is sentimental but the second one lively and happy, forming my usual structure. My intention is to have the instruments speaking to each other, don't know if I succeeded with that.
    It is inspiring to work with these instruments since GPO I think provide a pretty good sound.
    Comments are as usual appreciated.
    Regards,
    Kjell

https://soundcloud.com/user-89293915...tar-and-violin

Re: Duet for guitar and violin

Hi Kjell.

This was a very nice duet piece for guitar and violin. The two melodies complimented each other in mood, adding to the listener’s enjoyment. I get a sence of a changing of the seasons being expressed.

I think the GPO guitar and violin did a good job on this piece. While not one of the high end libraries it’s instruments have always worked well with each other.

Phil

Well, now, I am surprised. It never occurred to me to pair the violin and guitar. I works very well. Nicely done composition. Guitar seems a bit overpowering, otherwise, no problems.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by fastlane View Post
    Hi Kjell.

This was a very nice duet piece for guitar and violin. The two melodies complimented each other in mood, adding to the listener’s enjoyment. I get a sence of a changing of the seasons being expressed.

I think the GPO guitar and violin did a good job on this piece. While not one of the high end libraries it’s instruments have always worked well with each other.

Phil
    Thank you Phil for a very nice comment. Always appreciated.
    Kjell

Quote Originally Posted by rwayland View Post
    Well, now, I am surprised. It never occurred to me to pair the violin and guitar. I works very well. Nicely done composition. Guitar seems a bit overpowering, otherwise, no problems.

Richard
    Thank you Richard. I turned to this format inspired by spanish/roman Flamenco music. I have tried to mimic that in other pieces but of course it is impossible, one has to be brought up with it I think. But then I heard a tune on Soundcloud by Saba Safa which opened my eyes to extend this format to more classical romantic style. Here is the link

User-399689594 – Open-your-eyes-by-saba-safa-songtree-id-598193

One of the best pieces I have heard on SC.
    Greetings,
    Kjell

Bravissimo Kjell!

A daring combination in which you can't hide anything. This duet flows very naturally like a chatter conversation about every-day-stuff and yet you've built in some nice rhythmic variations and arpeggios to change the ambiance of the 'talk'.

Very well done, a most enjoyable piece!
    Jos
    Jos Wylin

http://www.joswyl.be compositions and sampling practices

Quote Originally Posted by Max Hamburg View Post
    Bravissimo Kjell!

A daring combination in which you can't hide anything. This duet flows very naturally like a chatter conversation about every-day-stuff and yet you've built in some nice rhythmic variations and arpeggios to change the ambiance of the 'talk'.

Very well done, a most enjoyable piece!
    Jos
    Thank you Jos for your comments. I am glad you could sense the talking. It was inspired by sort of interplay in nature.
    All the best,
    Kjell

Go Back to forum