• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: The Embrace No.2

Share/Bookmark

The Embrace No.2

I orchestrated The Embrace, my recently posted improvised piano with pad piece.

The Embrace No. 2

Re: The Embrace No.2

It was worthwhile, I embrace your Embrace Phil

Ted

Quite lovely. I particularly liked when the woodwinds came in.. The piece really started to 'blossom' about 1/2 way in.. Like the pedals of a flower opening up. (don't know how else to describe it).. Also very nice technique to simplify the piece as it drew to a close.

Quote Originally Posted by tedvanya View Post
    It was worthwhile, I embrace your Embrace Phil

Ted
    Thanks for commenting Ted. I embrace your embrace of Embrace.

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by angelonyc View Post
    Quite lovely. I particularly liked when the woodwinds came in.. The piece really started to 'blossom' about 1/2 way in.. Like the pedals of a flower opening up. (don't know how else to describe it).. Also very nice technique to simplify the piece as it drew to a close.
    I’m glad you enjoyed this version Mark!

Yes, the woodwinds seemed to be central in this arrangement. Maybe they kind of replaced the pad feeling of the piano version. I wasn’t sure how I was going to end it but going simple seemed to be a natural conclusion as it connected in a way with the solo cello beginning and also the piano/pad version.

Phil

The lonely wolf on the prairie finding its destiny in the end. Dreaming, longing, romantic. It embraces a lot of feelings. Top class music which I enjoyed every moment of. A comfortable and satisfactory balance provided by cello and bass strings forming occasionally interesting complementary melody lines.
    Well done, Phil, be proud of this.

Kjell

Quote Originally Posted by kjelleman View Post
    The lonely wolf on the prairie finding its destiny in the end. Dreaming, longing, romantic. It embraces a lot of feelings. Top class music which I enjoyed every moment of. A comfortable and satisfactory balance provided by cello and bass strings forming occasionally interesting complementary melody lines.
    Well done, Phil, be proud of this.

Kjell
    Thank you for the kind words Kjell! I spent some time putting thought into each of the sections and this music as a whole.

I think your anology of this music is quite good. I think everyone can get different things out of a musical work as we are all different with our own unique experiences but hopefully it’s core feelings are our commonality.

Phil

Hi Phil,

That is indeed an extra addition to your piano piece. It was a good idea to orchestrate it, which you did marvelously. The beginning is a little hesitating, but with the development the piece grows into a real sonic world.

Congrats!
    Jos
    Jos Wylin

http://www.joswyl.be compositions and sampling practices

Just lovely and rather good orchestration. Congratulations.

Raymond
    Raymond Robijns
    Youtube channel: "Raymond Robijns"

Quote Originally Posted by Max Hamburg View Post
    Hi Phil,

That is indeed an extra addition to your piano piece. It was a good idea to orchestrate it, which you did marvelously. The beginning is a little hesitating, but with the development the piece grows into a real sonic world.

Congrats!
    Jos
    Thank you Jos!

I wasn’t at all sure how this would turn out but it seems to be a pretty decent work. I guess the beginning is where one is testing the water before the plunge, perhaps emotionally and musically.

Phil

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast