• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Concerto Piccolo for Accordion and Chamber Orchestra

Share/Bookmark

Concerto Piccolo for Accordion and Chamber Orchestra

Hi dear all,

A while ago I posted my accordion concerto here. In the mean time, a lot has happened, such as a live performance of that concerto and 4 other works of mine.

The concerto was played by a professional bayan (Russian button accordion) player. After the concert, she informed me that the part was extremely difficult as to playing technique. That made me rework the concerto, mainly the first part in a more 'playable' way, avoiding all dangerous passages by rewriting them into more usual or handy techniques. Since I'm an accordionist myself, I know the tricky stuff, but I was convinced that a pro must have been able to perform it flawlessly. Obviously I was wrong...! So a reworking imposed itself.
    For those who ave the courage to listen again, here is the new version:

Concerto Piccolo for Accordion and Chamber Orchestra

Enjoy the listen!
    Jos
    Jos Wylin

http://www.joswyl.be compositions and sampling practices

Re: Concerto Piccolo for Accordion and Chamber Orchestra

This is really exquisite.. I didn't realize an accordion player could play that fast.. I have a few accordion Kontakt libraries and some accordions on my Yamaha Genos. They all have relatively slow attacks. It must have been a THRILL to have a live players. I also really appreciated the 'acoustic space' of the piece..

Very nice piece.

. I dared to listen. My favored is the 3rd, very nice and full of joke. Not knowing a thing about he accordion, i just in ah of the skill playing it.

(For your information, my great,great great grand dad was a Marshall of France, son of Augustus II, king of Poland, who occupied your Brussels for Louis XV in the late 1700, as I discovered recently. I hope you will not hate me for this, and I absolve you to call me a prince in the future.)

Ted

Hi Jos,

This was a real treat to listen to. Your Allegro Devertente sounded quite difficult to me but I’m not familiar with classical accordion music. Just the polka music and such that I was exposed to growing up.

All three pieces were pretty impressive compositions.

Thanks for posting them.

Phil

Congratulations Jos for the live performance. I wish you could post them here. Did you also perform yourself?
    This concert of yours is pretty nice, last time and this time. Really brilliantly composed. Greet to have you here in this forum giving us so much valuable advice and feedback.
    Many thanks,

Kjell

I witnessed the "real performance" at the Kuurne Concerthall (a church). Together with all the other pieces played it was some happening, I will never forget. Finally I'd met Jos, my internet date for a long time.
    Still with admiration, greetings,

Raymond
    Raymond Robijns
    Youtube channel: "Raymond Robijns"

Thanks Raymond. I appreciated your visit enormously. It was quite a journey from The Hague to Kuurne, only for one concert. But as you say, the best thing ever was that we finally met in person and for our wives it was a pleasant meeting as well! Music brings equal minds together, isn't that beautiful?

I hope we'll meet again soon.
    Jos
    Jos Wylin

What a lovely and joyful story from Raymond and Jos. Please keep me informed on upcoming events so maybe I could attend too, living only a couple of hours from your place.

Kjell

Hi Kjell,

Wouldn't that be lovely? Obviously it's easier to bring fellow composers together than listeners ...

Jos
    Jos Wylin

Quote Originally Posted by kjelleman View Post
    What a lovely and joyful story from Raymond and Jos. Please keep me informed on upcoming events so maybe I could attend too, living only a couple of hours from your place.

Kjell
    Sweden? Just a couple of hours? You are kidding.

Raymond
    Raymond Robijns
    Youtube channel: "Raymond Robijns"

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast