• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO4 refuses to work (WIN 10)

Share/Bookmark

GPO4 refuses to work (WIN 10)

Hi All.
    I can't succeed in making GPO4 to work on my new laptop (running Windows 10), installation resulting in a series of unpitched farting sounds for any kind of instrument I load in Aria Player.
    Any hint?
    Thank you.
    Fabio
    Arrigo Beyle / Milanese / Lived, wrote, loved -- Stendhal
    Being Italian is a full-time job -- B. Severgnini

Re: GPO4 refuses to work (WIN 10)

Fabio,

I’m not a Windows user, but I’m sure that MakeMusic support can’t help you install/reinstall GPO 4; especially since you are using it on a different computer. I know you know they allow 2 computer installations and, at that point, installing it for the third time requires that you follow their checklist. If you have it now on just one computer and are installing it on a newer computer, there should be no problem. Was Your installation a success? If so, something else relevant to your new Windows 10 is certainly part of the problem.

I would visit support at MakeMusic.

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 25.5, DORICO 1.2.10, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.51, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Hello Fabio,

Sorry to read of the problems you are having there.

I'm a Win 10 user, I build and maintain my own computers and have installed everything Garritan loads of times usually without any problems and have never come across those weird sounds you hear. I will do anything I can to help.

My first thoughts are have you, after installing, completely shut down your laptop, waited a short while then rebooted. This magically resolves a host of problems?

Otherwise, from what you say it does seem that GPO5 and ARIA are installed OK so my next thoughts are regarding your audio interface. Is there any way you can check this out, possibly by trying an external audio interface?

Best wishes,

Michael
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Jack, Michael: thank your for your replies.

Never been aware that GPO comes with limited number of installations... I installed mine countless times due to computer swapping, upgrades and hd burnouts. Maybe MakeMusic has changed its policies meanwhile. Don't know. I'll dig into it.

EDIT: You're right, Jack: MakeMusic support page states "As of April 15th, 2014, a single user is allowed up to two activations on different computers at the same time for all current ARIA-based Garritan libraries". It seems the last time I burned my Mac it was pre-2014...
    I'll check with MakeMusic if I'm allowed to de-authorize my old MacBook (no longer in service) and to the new pc.

I switched to Win based machine because I can no longer afford an Apple one; installing VSL, SampleTank,
    Syntronik and other VSTs was a seamless process, everything worked fine.

I have no audio interface other than own audio out at the moment; and, no, Michael, I haven't restarted it. I'll give it a try tomorrow.

I'll keep you posted.

Goodnight.
    Fabio

Asked MM Support if is it possible to de-authorize the retired machine and port GPO to the new one.
    I'll keep you posted. Cheers.
    Fabio

Go Back to forum