• Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: ~ ~ Here and Now ~ ~

Share/Bookmark

~ ~ Here and Now ~ ~

Hello again,

Here's my latest 'newborn', the fruit of several improvisations
    created at different times.

The name popped up one day and I didn't argue with it...

Enjoy!

~ Yudit ~

Re: ~ ~ Here and Now ~ ~

Hi Yudit,

I really enjoyed your Here And Now. It seems to begin with some conflict and then moves to a transitional section that leads to a more cheerful, pastoral ending but with a hint of the mood at the beginning. I guess the title explains your musical statement.

Wonderful!

Phil

I liked how you called it your 'latest newborn'.. I think of my compositions like that. One can spend a fair amount of time working on them.. and sometimes it seems they want to 'be' a certain way, which was not you might have originally intended..

I liked it very much. I can hear the words, 'here and now' quite clearly in it it, or how it would fit.

Quote Originally Posted by fastlane View Post
    Hi Yudit,

I really enjoyed your Here And Now. It seems to begin with some conflict and then moves to a transitional section that leads to a more cheerful, pastoral ending but with a hint of the mood at the beginning. I guess the title explains your musical statement.

Wonderful!

Phil
    Phil,

I like your description of the way my piece sounds to you.

For me, the transitional part is the most meaningful,
    as in it a transformation happened.

This is something I realize now, as while I was
    in the process of improvising, there were no
    thoughts in my mind, it just happened.

Thanks for listening and I'm glad you enjoyed it.

~ Yudit ~

Quote Originally Posted by angelonyc View Post
    I liked how you called it your 'latest newborn'.. I think of my compositions like that. One can spend a fair amount of time working on them.. and sometimes it seems they want to 'be' a certain way, which was not you might have originally intended..

I liked it very much. I can hear the words, 'here and now' quite clearly in it it, or how it would fit.
    Mark,

Even though our 'newborn' creations are part of us,
    once born they should be let to grow the way they want...

Yes, it can be a lot of work to shape and reshape,
    but once done the hard work is forgotten...

I'm glad you liked it and thanks for listening.

~ Yudit ~

Amazingly beautiful Yudit. It was a pleasure to hear you playing your own music, really impressive.

Kjell

Quote Originally Posted by kjelleman View Post
    Amazingly beautiful Yudit. It was a pleasure to hear you playing your own music, really impressive.

Kjell
    Kjell,

It is a pleasure to read your comments.

I'm pleased that you enjoyed it.

Thanks for listening!

~ Yudit ~

Hi Yudit,

You should be improvising more often and post the result of it on this forum. So lovely! Most good compositions originate without a reason or explanation, without a particular goal... Sometimes in bits and pieces, sometimes in fluent lyrical phrases, sometimes in huge contrasts. In this piece I heard a touch of impressionism and late romanticism, but always balanced not to disturb your personal style. I like the harmonies, so unexpected and refreshing, with little hints of dissonants creating tension and relaxation immediately after. Very well done! It proves what a great musical mind you are.

Thanks for sharing,
    Jos
    Jos Wylin

http://www.joswyl.be compositions and sampling practices

Quote Originally Posted by Max Hamburg View Post
    Hi Yudit,

You should be improvising more often and post the result of it on this forum. So lovely! Most good compositions originate without a reason or explanation, without a particular goal... Sometimes in bits and pieces, sometimes in fluent lyrical phrases, sometimes in huge contrasts. In this piece I heard a touch of impressionism and late romanticism, but always balanced not to disturb your personal style. I like the harmonies, so unexpected and refreshing, with little hints of dissonants creating tension and relaxation immediately after. Very well done! It proves what a great musical mind you are.

Thanks for sharing,
    Jos
    Jos,

I'm delighted to read your comments.

The music period I like most is the late romantic one
    that is already mixed with the beginning of modernism.
    I find the dissonants this combination creates
    delightful.

I sure hope to be able to improvise more often.
    Many times, before falling asleep or upon wakeup,
    I have playing in my mind whole passages,
    which disappear once I get up...

Many thanks for listening.

~ Yudit ~

Quote Originally Posted by sunbird View Post
    Jos,

I sure hope to be able to improvise more often.
    Many times, before falling asleep or upon wakeup,
    I have playing in my mind whole passages,
    which disappear once I get up...

Many thanks for listening.

~ Yudit ~
    Keith Richards of Rolling Stones wrote Satisfaction this way. He always kept a guitar and cassette recorder beside his bed. He woke up one morning, to notice he had recorded something. There was a rough version of part of Satisfaction, and then an hour or two of snoring.

McCartney also wrote 'Yesterday' this way as one story goes. He woke up and the song was floating around in his head from a dream. He recorded a simple demo of it (didn't have lyrics, yet).. He wasn't sure if he wrote it, or it was something he heard and it was stuck in his head. Original beginning lyrics were 'Scrambled Eggs'.

I also wrote two songs that way. I was dreaming it, somehow managed to realize I was in a dream. I kept my keyboards and computer always on in those days. I figured out the chords and part of the melody before it evaporated away with consciousness.

Yes keep up your great work

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast