• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Symphony Electric-4th movment

Share/Bookmark

Symphony Electric-4th movment

I've written a new last movement for my Symphony Electric that I want to post. It seems a be a more satisfying way to end it than the old 4th movement. I'm posting the whole edited piece also for reference.

Symphony Electric 4th mov.

Symphony Electric

Re: Symphony Electric-4th movment

Definitely a worthwhile and engaging listen, old friend! Well thought out, and some of the melodic work is enchanting.

David
    -------
    David Sosnowski
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Interesting and very beautiful. I just love how you handled the strings.... Congratulation.

Ted

Quote Originally Posted by etLux View Post
    Definitely a worthwhile and engaging listen, old friend! Well thought out, and some of the melodic work is enchanting.

David
    -------
    David Sosnowski
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    Hello David!

I’m glad you enjoyed listening to it and it’s great to read your encouraging comments!

Thank you and I hope you’re doing well my friend.

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by tedvanya View Post
    Interesting and very beautiful. I just love how you handled the strings.... Congratulation.

Ted
    Hi Ted,

Thanks a lot for the thumbs up on this one.

We got our first winter snow last night and they say more on the way. Brrrr!

Phil

Phil,
    I like this electric and modern approach to artistic music. It has a certain appealing feel and a lovely dynamics. I appreciate the bass section entering in the middle lifting the piece to a new experience, very interesting.
    Thank you Phil.
    Kjell

Hi Kjell,

I’m glad you liked this music.

I was never that interested in using synth sounds after the VI libraries made it possible to recreate traditional instruments but I happed to listen to Kraftwerk’s 1974 Auto Bahn and discovered what was possible to express using them. Kraftwerk was a very important musical force and light years ahead of main stream popular music.

Phil

This great. Very good execution, and ideas.

I agree with you on synths, particularly the one of the last few years.. Tradition instruments have had decades, hundreds of years to mature. Different shaped bodies, varnishes on the body, to affect the resonant, different strings, different ways to articulate a note.

The first synths were labitory VCO's, VCF, VCA's, mostly raw sines, saw teeth, square waves, with a simple lowpass filter.
    With the plethora of virtual instruments out there, with additive synthesis (letting you build the harmonics involved, multiple layering of different Virtual Instruments, to create something new. There is a whole psychology to sound, and what intrigues a listener.

Thanks Mark!

My first electronic based projects were using only synth sounds then I began to also use traditional and electric sounds with them. My friend, Carolina, cried when I told her I was interested in working with electronic sounds. I guess she thought I was going to produce commercial EDM. She was quite relieved when she heard my first electronic project and said she liked it.

It’s great to now have an expanded pallet of sounds to communicate with.

Phil

Hi Phil,

Indeed a well designed composition, by a master with electronic sounds. Not just sound scape, but a musical story surrounded by a powerful synth accompaniment. Kraftwerk is never far away, it clearly shows the influence of and admiration you have for the German group... Well done. An interesting alternative for the countless traditional classical (and less classical) symphonies.

JOS
    Jos Wylin

http://www.joswyl.be compositions and sampling practices

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast