• Register
  • Help

Topic: "Etudette"

Share/Bookmark

"Etudette"

I wrote "Etudette" for two guitars and small orchestra.

Regards to everyone.

Larry Graham Alexander

Re: "Etudette"

Very nice - I particularly like the pick-up and interaction starting about 1:50 to ending. The guitar note intervals are more intriguing, and the orchestra and guitars start to converse with each other more intensely..

Quote Originally Posted by angelonyc View Post
    Very nice - I particularly like the pick-up and interaction starting about 1:50 to ending. The guitar note intervals are more intriguing, and the orchestra and guitars start to converse with each other more intensely..
    Thanks for the good review of my "Etudette", New York Dude.

Best regards.

Larry Graham Alexander

Hi Larry,

This is what I call a pleasant étude. Most of them are technically interesting and didactic, but fatiguing and boring. Most guitar students would love to have to learn such lovely things, which are still quite demanding (in finger positioning and left hand technique). The string accompaniment is modest and never interfering, but it adds a little more flavour. Is the rather 'unexpected 'out-style final chord intentionally?

So bravo
    Jos
    Jos Wylin

http://www.joswyl.be compositions and sampling practices

Quote Originally Posted by Max Hamburg View Post
    Hi Larry,

This is what I call a pleasant étude. Most of them are technically interesting and didactic, but fatiguing and boring. Most guitar students would love to have to learn such lovely things, which are still quite demanding (in finger positioning and left hand technique). The string accompaniment is modest and never interfering, but it adds a little more flavour. Is the rather 'unexpected 'out-style final chord intentionally?

So bravo
    Jos
    Your input is uplifting to this old dude. Thanks for that my Belgique friend.

Yes, the final stinger is intentional.

Best,

Larry

Go Back to forum