~ ~ Spring Comes Again ~ ~

Hello everyone,

It's winter again...

With it comes the longing for warmer weather

and the looking forward to its return.

Enjoy!

~ Yudit ~

Re: ~ ~ Spring Comes Again ~ ~

As usual, your fine piano playing and beautiful melodies delights us and fill our winter-logged souls with hope for a lovely spring. Thanks

Ted

Yudit,

I listened to this piano work a few times. It was required, at least for me, to really appreciate it. You’ve created something special with you lovely, uplifting melodies and interesting transitions to more somber thoughts and back again. It all worked quite well!

Phil

Bravissimo Yudit!

This could be the perfect Christmas gift: a lovely promise of spring just before winter... Translated in wonderful delicate harmonies outside of the worn-out trodden paths. Although the thematic evolution is so sweet and soft, the harmonies are always surprising and well chosen, changing from built-up tension to fine soothing relaxation, inviting to go on listening.

This is certainly one of my favourites!
    Jos
    Jos Wylin

http://www.joswyl.be compositions and sampling practices

Quote Originally Posted by tedvanya View Post
    As usual, your fine piano playing and beautiful melodies
    delights us and fill our winter-logged souls with hope for a lovely spring. Thanks

Ted
    Ted,

I'm glad to read your response
    and to know that my playing and music
    filled you with hope.

Thanks for listening and
    wishing you an easy winter.

~ Yudit ~

Quote Originally Posted by fastlane View Post
    Yudit,

I listened to this piano work a few times. It was required, at least for me, to really appreciate it. You’ve created something special with you lovely, uplifting melodies and interesting transitions to more somber thoughts and back again. It all worked quite well!

Phil
    Phil,

In this piece I combined three of my improvisations,
    one recent and the other two from some years back.

These two have been waiting patiently for the right moment,
    and it has come...

Thanks for listening and for your appreciation
    of my work.

~ Yudit ~

Quote Originally Posted by Max Hamburg View Post
    Bravissimo Yudit!

This could be the perfect Christmas gift: a lovely promise of spring just before winter... Translated in wonderful delicate harmonies outside of the worn-out trodden paths. Although the thematic evolution is so sweet and soft, the harmonies are always surprising and well chosen, changing from built-up tension to fine soothing relaxation, inviting to go on listening.

This is certainly one of my favourites!
    Jos
    Jos,

I'm so glad to read your words.

Your description is a reward for the work I put into this piece.
    I couldn't have said it better myself.

Although longer than my recent works, it was actually the fastest finished.
    Many thanks for listening and have a lovely Christmas.

~ Yudit ~

It is a true pleasure Yudit, so harmonic but still innovative. The piano is such a powerful instrument when mastered by the master.
    Thank you.

Kjell

Quote Originally Posted by kjelleman View Post
    It is a true pleasure Yudit, so harmonic but still innovative. The piano is such a powerful instrument when mastered by the master.
    Thank you.

Kjell
    Kjell,

It's a pleasure to read your words.
    I'm glad you found it innovative as well.

Thanks for listening!

~ Yudit ~

Very reflective, it evokes emotion extremely well. I really appreciate how you combined, 3 pieces into this one. Transition is very smooth. I wouldn't have realized what you did, although I certainly recognize the different sections.

John Lennon often wrote many 'bits' (sections of a song, he never finished) as he called them. They were ideas of a song, somewhat fleshed out in cohesiveness of lyrics, melody, chords. He would save them in a notebook. And when working on a song, would use some of them. This technique, just as effectively used in your piece; brought variety, almost another 'viewpoint' in the song. And in the process of combining them, you had the experience to make them flow together very well.

I too had to listen to this several times to your song to 'get it all'. It made an excellent impression first time, then each further listening, I got the depth of the parts, and your expertise in combining them to flow like it came out of you all in one sitting.

One year ago, I met this very successful composer of movie music at a music workshop. I never learnt what music college she went to. But they very strongly stressed it was the composer/arranger's main focus to 'manipulate emotions' in movie music. I had never thought of music that way.. I realized music could 'elicit' emotions in listeners. I never consciously aware of purposely, pulling an emotion out of a listener. I didn't quite like the idea of a composer/arranger 'manipulating' my emotional response.

You 'coaxed' emotions, memories associated with them (at least for me).. Exquisitely, yet subtlety done.. Great work.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast