• Register
  • Help

Topic: Ennios's Dance

Share/Bookmark

Ennios's Dance

I originally posted this a decade ago. It's been updated and remixed with new virtual instruments and also original ones.

I was able to import the midi tracks and my guitar audio tracks into Logic Pro X from my old DAW that I still find useful for finishing up my master tracks. The developer has recently closed his support forum and I'm sure his DAW eventually won't run at all as it's frozen in 32-bit on the Mac. So I need to begin exporting the tracks for each old project of interest to me into a project tracks folder that Logic Pro X or any modern DAW can import.

Ennio's Dance

Re: Ennios's Dance

What a lovely piece, Phil. Lovely guitar play and wonderful voices. You really tell a story here filled with emotions and atmosphere.
    Thank you.

Kjell

Quote Originally Posted by kjelleman View Post
    What a lovely piece, Phil. Lovely guitar play and wonderful voices. You really tell a story here filled with emotions and atmosphere.
    Thank you.

Kjell
    I’m glad you enjoyed it Kjell!

Phil

Phill, your Dance got me. I had to play 0-1.50 three times, and will play it again. I mean the whole is great, but the first and second parts are magnificent
    Thanks a lot.

Hi Ted,

Thanks Ted!

I can understand you enjoying those first parts the most.

It was a fun but tedious job to import all those salvaged tracks from Ennios’ Dance into Logic. Luckily the MIDI tracks retained their instrument names but I had to redo all the modulation for expression.

Well, I’ve managed to export all my old DAW’s twelve years worth of project MIDI tracks into their own folder, importing them back in to make sure it would work. I spent three blurry eyed days off and on doing this.

Phil

Hi Phil,

Lucky you that you could retrieve and rearrange such beautiful works. I have a large number of little and bigger pieces that I wrote with Music Printer Plus (the far predecessor of Notion). That was a DOS program and nobody ever cared to make a Windows or Mac version. Later the creator came up (through India) with Notion, but these programs aren't in any way compatible. So, all lost... (There was some kind of DOS simulation, but it didn't work on my iMac.)
    Well, with interest I listened to your dances. Great! Simply great and the new adaptation was a success. Hopefully some more of these 'forgotten' jewels will come up!

Jos
    Jos Wylin

http://www.joswyl.be compositions and sampling practices

Hi Phil,

while I can not imagine how much of a headache would be brought about by the attempt to recover all those old tracks (and they say technology helps us.....) , I can not have but words of praise for your job on this one. I actually liked more the second section, with the guitar. It really is very Ennio-ish. I guess that recreating that style was exactly your intention, so .... well done, incredibly well done!

Fab

Go Back to forum