• Register
  • Help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Topic: Ennios's Dance

Share/Bookmark

Re: Ennios's Dance

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond62 View Post
    Ennio or not, it is great and all Fastlane, inventive, well balanced. I think you also enjoyed the movie "Once upon a time in the West". I did and this gave me some reminder.

Raymond
    Thank you Raymond!

Yes, that epic movie was definitely a big part of the inspiration for this music.

Phil

Interesting piece.. I particularly like the piano arpeggio part about 1:57. I liked the pause (of silence) between two sections (I remember being impressed how you used it in another upload several months ago). It's very natural, just like when one speaks, finishes one sentence, pauses, starts another sentence,

Regarding changing DAW formats. I too have suffered though things changing. My guidelines at this point are

After finishing a song in Logic. I export each midi tract independently, into a separate folder. so I may rescue, resurrect a song long after recording it. Simple midi format (notes, duration) has not changed for decades, and will not. I often print the effect I might be using (special reverb, delay, step filtering plug-in) on a separate audio track.).

Over the years, with Mac OSX updates, some virtual plug-ins cease to work. Some companies go out of business. Or just get fed up with Apple, and decide to stop supporting 'audio units'..

If you really value your work. Keep that old computer, and DAW. so that you can play from that and record into new machine, DAW.

Very old projects, need Logic 7. Logic 7 is capable or reading older Logic projects, and save them in a format, that Logic 10 could read.

Hello Mark,

Thanks for listening and the comments.

I guess it’s a good idea to be saving the midi tracks for each Logic project. I don’t see that happening anytime too soon with Logic but it’s possible. Who knows what Apple is up to as far as future Mac and Logic development. I could decide to bale and switch to a cross platform DAW for the Windows option.

I have been just saving the top midi track using the “save as seperate tracks option” in my old DAW and the exported midi file opens in Logic showing all the midi tracks. I don’t know how Logic deals with this but I can see where saving individual midi track files could avoid potential incompatability issues.

Thanks for the advice!

I have posted a revised version of my Piano Concerto.

Phil

Go Back to forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12