• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Migrating Bird - Woodwind quintet

Share/Bookmark

Migrating Bird - Woodwind quintet

Hello again,
    I thought I should post this tune here since it is significantly inspired by the music of Larry.
    It is a woodwind quintet with the same constellation I posted previously circling around bird life. I had their migration cycle in mind.
    https://soundcloud.com/user-89293915...odwind-quintet

Greetings,
    Kjell

Re: Migrating Bird - Woodwind quintet

Hi Kjell,

Yes, this does have Larry’s baroque style and also your northerner mix of positive emotions combined with a underlying melancholy feel, if that makes sence.

Well anyway, I thought it was really good and a strong traditional type piece that should be performed.

I played the f. Horn in a WWQ in school. I assume this WWQ uses the english horn.

Phil

Good work on your quintet. I like it. I didn't know that I was an inspiration to anyone.

Keep up the good work.

Regards,

Larry G. Alexander

Hi Phil
    thank you very much for your nice feedback.
    Actually I replaced the horn by a bass clarinet, I needed some more bass. But I am sure it could work either way.

Kjell

Quote Originally Posted by fastlane View Post
    Hi Kjell,

Yes, this does have Larry’s baroque style and also your northerner mix of positive emotions combined with a underlying melancholy feel, if that makes sence.

Well anyway, I thought it was really good and a strong traditional type piece that should be performed.

I played the f. Horn in a WWQ in school. I assume this WWQ uses the english horn.

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by larryalex1 View Post
    Good work on your quintet. I like it. I didn't know that I was an inspiration to anyone.

Keep up the good work.

Regards,

Larry G. Alexander
    Well, now you know Larry. I guess we share the passion for intense and lively tonal classical music. It is rather rare today, feels that most productions are slow and sentimental. I like happy and "dancy" classical music, like Sibelius' Valse Triste or Brahm's 4th movement 2nd piano concert and Larry music. Lovely pieces.

Have a nice day Larry (I noticed all your pieces on SC, will have a listen soon)
    Kjell

Hi Kjell,

What a nice and lovely piece. Your WW-quintet functions very well and the thematic approach is masterful. Again this is a tribute for the Garritan woodwinds (I suppose they all are).

The bass bird however will have some trouble to reach the south...

Thanks for sharing such beauty.
    Jos
    Jos Wylin

http://www.joswyl.be compositions and sampling practices

Isn't it nice, that we start discovering styles among us. Larry then and you, having similar likes. Enjoyed your piece and can not help ( again) to refer to and older source of both yours and Larry's styles, as I accused Larry before that the ghost of JSB is wondering around in his Redwoods...
    He understands that that I am talking about styles, not imitations. Both of you are unique and individual, but just imagine your Birds on a good organ, it would work delightfully. Growing up with JSB, I am tuned to his works, and I would call your and Larry's work a wonderful continuation of the Master.
    Thanks again, enjoying it just now again...

Ted

Kjell!

This was just an amazing counterpoint! Very very interesting 'choral' development, very coherent and homogeneous and a very intriguing and solid rhythmic behaviour. This really sparks one's attention.
    Remarkable indeed!

Greetings from the 'other end of Europe'.

Fabry

Quote Originally Posted by Max Hamburg View Post
    Hi Kjell,

What a nice and lovely piece. Your WW-quintet functions very well and the thematic approach is masterful. Again this is a tribute for the Garritan woodwinds (I suppose they all are).

The bass bird however will have some trouble to reach the south...

Thanks for sharing such beauty.
    Jos
    Hi Jos,
    thank you so much for listening and your valuable feedback. And also, thanks for all your generous and appreciated advice you have given me over the years which were frequently utilized in this piece.
    Indeed, it is GPO woodwind all five instruments together with Finale which provides the articulations.
    Bassoon I picture as the crane and the bass clarinet would be an even heavier bird which, correctly, might have trouble to migrate
    Thanks Jos and I look forward to hear more of your music.

Kjell

Quote Originally Posted by tedvanya View Post
    Isn't it nice, that we start discovering styles among us. Larry then and you, having similar likes. Enjoyed your piece and can not help ( again) to refer to and older source of both yours and Larry's styles, as I accused Larry before that the ghost of JSB is wondering around in his Redwoods...
    He understands that that I am talking about styles, not imitations. Both of you are unique and individual, but just imagine your Birds on a good organ, it would work delightfully. Growing up with JSB, I am tuned to his works, and I would call your and Larry's work a wonderful continuation of the Master.
    Thanks again, enjoying it just now again...

Ted
    Very much appreciate your comment, Ted. To walk in the footsteps of the Master is more than what I could anticipate.
    Wonderful idea to arrange the piece for organ. I easily play it on piano and the extra lines may be incorporated on the organ. It is just that when I listen to it in my mind I cannot here the extra dimension but I will try it out.

Regards,
    Kjell

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast