• Register
  • Help

Topic: Bach: Well-tempered Piano II for Orchestra

Share/Bookmark

Bach: Well-tempered Piano II for Orchestra

Re: Bach: Well-tempered Piano II for Orchestra

Hi Gerd,

Well-tempered orchestral instruments... It's surprisingly different when you're used to the piano/harpsichord versions and a daring enterprise for sure. It could look like a simple filling in instruments into the different themes and voice, but it's not as easy as it looks. The delicate balance between leading voices and counterparts mustn't be disrupted and that requires a good knowledge of the original music and of the instrumental balance (orchestral colouring and soloing parts).
    Well Gerd, you did a terrific job, although I sometimes disagree with the baroque feel of your interpretation. But of course that's your choice. If there wouldn't be any freedom in such an arrangement, what would be the use of it ultimately?

Many congrats!
    Jos
    Jos Wylin

http://www.joswyl.be compositions and sampling practices

I fully agree with Jos' comment. You did a wonderful job. It is always difficult catching the moods of Bach's harpsichord pieces, finding out the leading voice and the variations of the themes. Really great.

Raymond
    Raymond Robijns
    Youtube channel: "Raymond Robijns"

I listened to the first two and enjoyed them. Would the second piece be like Bach interpetated by Beethoven/Romanticism? The first one felt more Baroque to me.

I’ll listen the others later.

Phil

really great work ...

[QUOTE=fastlane;822758] Would the second piece be like Bach interpetated by Beethoven/Romanticism? QUOTE]

Yes, I believe so! Sometimes I am reminded of Beethoven's c#-minor quartett, 1st mov. :-)

Go Back to forum