• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Fantasy

Share/Bookmark

Fantasy-additional two more minutes.

Well, here's another effort using electronic and natural sounds I've managed to finish in-between my PNW quite late Indian Summer outdoor activities.

I added an additional section at the end. 11/18/18

Fantasy

Re: Fantasy

Fantastic Fantasy. I really love the first half.
    Congratulation.

Ted

Phil,

A fantasy indeed!

It starts with kind of a magical and calming atmosphere.
    The second part feels like entering a tunnel of uncertainty, which
    leads to a third and vibrating tunnel...

This could really work as a movie soundtrack!

Thanks for sharing.

~ Yudit ~

Phil, these sparks of creativity of yours are really outstanding. Fantasy, right, meaning surely the kind of atmosphere you manage to recreate but also your stamp when molding these sounds into something very personal. Very well produced, all sounds are well chosen and well judged... exception made for that solo violin sound which we know very well and is getting a lot of attention lately .
    I enjoyed all of it. How did you produce the 'psychedelic' last part? Is that a drone, an arpeggiator or what?
    In general, which instruments did you use?

Good work!

Fab

Fantastic fantasy, Phil. You know how I love the synth work, especially in the hands of a (and we may say so by now) skilled craftsman like you.
    And I do agree with Fabio about the production: it's getting better and better. Isn't it wonderful that we can enjoy all sorts of music here without condescending attitude towards this or that genre? In other forums I've read dreadful things (about matters that are purely tastes and preferences).

Well done!
    Jos
    Jos Wylin

http://www.joswyl.be compositions and sampling practices

Quote Originally Posted by tedvanya View Post
    Fantastic Fantasy. I really love the first half.
    Congratulation.

Ted
    Thanks Ted!

The mood does change quite a bit half way through which makes it more like a seperate movement in the classical sence. No doubt it’s too short to be called a seperate movement but maybe a mini movement?

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by sunbird View Post
    Phil,

A fantasy indeed!

It starts with kind of a magical and calming atmosphere.
    The second part feels like entering a tunnel of uncertainty, which
    leads to a third and vibrating tunnel...

This could really work as a movie soundtrack!

Thanks for sharing.

~ Yudit ~
    I think you’ve described this music quite accurately Yudit.

I’ve been sort of thinking about adding another section to this one. That tunnel must go somewhere.

Phil.

Quote Originally Posted by sec2 View Post
    Phil, these sparks of creativity of yours are really outstanding. Fantasy, right, meaning surely the kind of atmosphere you manage to recreate but also your stamp when molding these sounds into something very personal. Very well produced, all sounds are well chosen and well judged... exception made for that solo violin sound which we know very well and is getting a lot of attention lately .
    I enjoyed all of it. How did you produce the 'psychedelic' last part? Is that a drone, an arpeggiator or what?
    In general, which instruments did you use?

Good work!

Fab
    Hi Fab,

I’m glad you liked it! I do spend some time experimenting with different electronic patch combos to use as a sort of musical backdrop. These were all from u-he’s Diva. The main “active” patch is arp Guardian Angel preset by Luftrum from his Diva 16 presets library. Also another Diva 16 arp/seq patch called The Hunt from Luftrum, which is a simple drum like rythmn. And a Dream Synth patch, MK Planet Uranus (mellow and spacey) from the Diva presets.

For the strings I used Cinematic Strings-Full Ensemble. It covered all the string ranges.

Woodwinds. CineWinds oboe and bassoon.

Brass. CineBrass six horns, trumpet ensemble and tuba- bass trombone.

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Max Hamburg View Post
    Fantastic fantasy, Phil. You know how I love the synth work, especially in the hands of a (and we may say so by now) skilled craftsman like you.
    And I do agree with Fabio about the production: it's getting better and better. Isn't it wonderful that we can enjoy all sorts of music here without condescending attitude towards this or that genre? In other forums I've read dreadful things (about matters that are purely tastes and preferences).

Well done!
    Jos
    Hi Jos,

On this one I used a diffent set of synth patches for each section. Usually a producer will use a set of patches for continuity and create interest with additional placement of other sounds. What ever works for that project.

I also felt this one was a little more solid as far as production.

I listen to people’s projects at the KVR Cafe and some of it is noise music, usually created mostly with eurorack synths sort of on auto pilot with the person twisting knobs and pushing draw bars. It’s sort of a mad scientist approach, I assume not intended for repeated listens. It’s great to be challenged musically which can give you new perspectives about the art. Many people I know only listen to popular music they grew up with because they feel comfortable with it. I can understand that. I’m not sure if there is an excuse for a similar mind of those forum members you mentioned. Could this be the result of a lack one’s confidence.

Phil

Hi Phil
    I find this music beautiful, nice atmosphere and appealing melodies. Very pleasant to relax to.

Kjell

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast