• Register
  • Help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Topic: ~ ~ Béesau - Invocation à César Franck ~ ~

Share/Bookmark

Re: ~ ~ Béesau - Invocation à César Franck ~ ~

Quote Originally Posted by sec2 View Post
    Ah, Yudit...

I - like I am sure most of us - tend to associate your music with a piano. Your ability to find hidden jems and pefectly render them is amazing.
    We know though that you can be as effective with differently orchestrated pieces. You won't believe it, but I still have on my drive your "Rondoletto", I believe ~2011. And I underline that I do not download much music...

Once again good job, very good. The composition itself is not "unforgettable" but surely has a certain charme, and your orchestration flows smoothly and effectively.

... one thing I HATED is that violin. I know very well where it comes from, I could spot that sound from a mile. Do yourself a favor and get another one, you absolutely need a more expressive virtual instrument.

Fab
    Fab,

I am surprised indeed that you downloaded my Rondoletto,
    since you where the silent listener on that thread.

Well, the strings of GPO4 that I have, could be better,
    but as long as I can express myself with them, then
    I'm quite happy. I'm not going to invest in a
    virtual instrument that might be discontinued.
    I'd rather buy a real instrument.
    Lately I have become interested in the Ukulele...

I miss the Gagliano violin that was in the original GPO.
    I still have that library but it's useless now.
    So, if you (or anyone else on this forum) know how
    I can still use it with the Aria engine, that would be
    awesome!

If we were to listen only to 'unforgettable' music,
    we would miss a lot of other wonderful compositions...

Thanks for listening and commenting.

~ Yudit ~

Do not be surprised, Yudit. It is true that, when I talk, I talk too much. It is also true that I do not talk so often. Yes, I still remember your Rondoletto (and not only that) and I can hum it right away without missing a note. Not showing up in a discussion doesn't mean that one did not like the music.

Sure, not all music can be 'unforgettable'... but your music usually is. So it is actually your fault: I always expect from you something 'unforgettable'. Not that you disappointed us... YOU DID NOT.... but I am sure you got what I am saying.

THAT violin. I do not have the original GPO, but I have strong reasons to believe that the Gagliano in the original GPO is actually the same you have in GPO4. Only, programming has changed and all instruments in GPO4 tend to feel a bit unnatural, muffled and flat. There are ways to fix this, one needs to ditch the programming and start over. I know how to do it but it can be a bit time-devouring and ... boring.
    I agree with you about the policies of firms producing virtual instruments (... AND about preference towards real intruments). You might remember that what I did is to isolate free samples or other samples that I like (including all GPO4 solo strings) and re-program them in another sampler, so creating a full palette of instruments which I am comfortable with and also avoided lots of side-issues.
    So, I understand you... but also know your music skills well enough so to imagine what you could do with a properly expressive virtual violin.

Imagine you being able to control the vibrato, instead of that monotonous 2 seconds' loop....

Fab

THAT violin. I do not have the original GPO, but I have strong reasons to believe that the Gagliano in the original GPO is actually the same you have in GPO4. Only, programming has changed and all instruments in GPO4 tend to feel a bit unnatural, muffled and flat. There are ways to fix this, one needs to ditch the programming and start over. I know how to do it but it can be a bit time-devouring and ... boring.
    I agree with you about the policies of firms producing virtual instruments (... AND about preference towards real intruments). You might remember that what I did is to isolate free samples or other samples that I like (including all GPO4 solo strings) and re-program them in another sampler, so creating a full palette of instruments which I am comfortable with and also avoided lots of side-issues.
    So, I understand you... but also know your music skills well enough so to imagine what you could do with a properly expressive virtual violin.

Imagine you being able to control the vibrato, instead of that monotonous 2 seconds' loop....
    Fab, thanks for all this information. I have to think about it.
    It would be great to be able to control GPO4 instruments
    the way I would like.

Go Back to forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12