• Register
  • Help

Topic: Cosmic Melody - Flute and Piano

Share/Bookmark

Cosmic Melody - Flute and Piano

Seven minutes of Flute with piano accompaniment.This is a change of pace piece for me. There is also a version with organ accompaniment. I don't know which I prefer, but the piano was done first.

Cosmic Melody (Flute and Piano)

Re: Cosmic Melody - Flute and Piano

Hi Richard,

I much prefers the piano version myself as the instruments seem to blend better.

For me, it seemed the piano could be just a little more up front. Also it sounds like the flute could use some massaging. Some places (4:03) where there are short notes there seems to be a lack of realism. When using a piano roll DAW the non-percussive instruments require a modulation/expression sweep at the beginning of at least the longer notes. But I’m assuming you’re using the notation version of the flute and I have no experience working with them.

Phil

Re: Cosmic Melody - Flute and Piano

Well, Phil, you are right, I use the staff input, sometimes I use the piano roll view when notes are not able to be displayed on the staff. The flute part, as you noted, is in need of some serious repair. The flute blends better with the piano than with the organ. The flute/organ version was written at the request of a colleague in the AGO, who knows some flautists who would like a version for flute/organ. I had considered doing a version for organ with the solo part being a flute stop, which may eventually happen.

Richard

Go Back to forum