• Register
  • Help

Topic: The Limerick Waltz(2018)

Share/Bookmark

The Limerick Waltz(2018)

I updated a ten year old GPO effort that I originally composed for the piano over thirty years ago. I live in the Lake limerick development, hence the title .

The piano is the CFX Concert Grand.

https://app.box.com/s/35u5viz4n59w7ttnb6ipzr45ndsdktop

Re: The Limerick Waltz(2018)

Quote Originally Posted by fastlane View Post
    I updated a ten year old GPO effort that I originally composed for the piano over thirty years ago. I live in the Lake limerick development, hence the title .

The piano is the CFX Concert Grand.

The Limerick Waltz.
    Hi Phil,
    Very nice, inspiring, uplifting waltz! Good and appropriate tempo changes, creating a good musical flow.

Cheers,
    Reinhold

Quote Originally Posted by reinholdbehringer View Post
    Hi Phil,
    Very nice, inspiring, uplifting waltz! Good and appropriate tempo changes, creating a good musical flow.

Cheers,
    Reinhold
    Thanks For the good words Reinhold.

Phil

Hi Faslane:

This is very nice. Kind of Xmasy. Good work

I apologize to all. I have not had my Mac Pro for the majority of the last month, in the repair shop for the 2nd time.

Right now I'm using an OLD Maclaptop with a whopping 1 inch speaker (so sound system without my Mac Pro).

So I apologize to everyone for not listening to the current offerings. I will try to catch up.

Hi Phil,

Thanks for this beautiful waltz. Such a merry tune with a couple of surprising changes. To my taste, you can easily leave the backing strings out. They don't add any extra. The piano does a wonderful job and sounds so nice. All the harmony is in the keyboard playing and that makes the strings superfluous.

Thanks for sharing,
    Jos
    Jos Wylin

http://www.joswyl.be compositions and sampling practices

Quote Originally Posted by angelonyc View Post
    Hi Faslane:

This is very nice. Kind of Xmasy. Good work

I apologize to all. I have not had my Mac Pro for the majority of the last month, in the repair shop for the 2nd time.

Right now I'm using an OLD Maclaptop with a whopping 1 inch speaker (so sound system without my Mac Pro).

So I apologize to everyone for not listening to the current offerings. I will try to catch up.
    Hi angelonyc,

I’ve also been gone from the forum too long for other reasons. I’m sorry to hear you’re having issues with your Mac Pro. I believe you said it was the 2013(tube) model. My CPU upgraded and flashed to 5,1 2009 Mac Pro that I bought on eBay about four years ago has served me well so far. I will have to install a Metal capable GPU to upgrade to Mojave some day although the latest version of Logic is still compatible with Sierra.

Thanks for the kind comments.

Phil

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Max Hamburg View Post
    Hi Phil,

Thanks for this beautiful waltz. Such a merry tune with a couple of surprising changes. To my taste, you can easily leave the backing strings out. They don't add any extra. The piano does a wonderful job and sounds so nice. All the harmony is in the keyboard playing and that makes the strings superfluous.

Thanks for sharing,
    Jos
    I glad to see you back on the forum Jos!

Well, I tried substituting the full strings with the LASS FC violin, viola, cello and bass but again I have to agree that they still don’t add anything. In fact it sounds worse. lol.

Thanks for the good words and correct observation.

Phil

Go Back to forum