• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Topic: "Woodwind Trio Number Four"

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    "Woodwind Trio Number Four"

    All,

    Here is a short excerpt from my "Trio #04 In E Major" for flute, clarinet and bassoon. It features the GPO Flute Solo V, Bb Clarinet Solo and bassoon 1 Solo.

    http://www.alexandermusic.com/resources/WoodwindTrio04.mp3

    Best,

    Larry G. Alexander

  2. #2
    Senior Member tedvanya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Canada,winter Mexico
    Posts
    1,116

    Re: "Woodwind Trio Number Four"

    You must have had a good day Larry, it is very happy and good!
    Thanks for posting it, enjoyed twice...

    Ted

  3. #3

    Re: "Woodwind Trio Number Four"

    Quote Originally Posted by tedvanya View Post
    You must have had a good day Larry, it is very happy and good!
    Thanks for posting it, enjoyed twice...

    Ted

    Thanks, Mister Ted. I am a reasonably happy, old man.

    Best,

    Larry G. Alexander

  4. #4
    Senior Member fastlane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Shelton, Washington State
    Posts
    3,197

    Re: "Woodwind Trio Number Four"

    I enjoyed your Trio Larry.

    Clever modulating from major to minor and nice counter point.

    Yes, an up lifting piece.




    Phil

  5. #5

    Re: "Woodwind Trio Number Four"

    Quote Originally Posted by fastlane View Post
    I enjoyed your Trio Larry.

    Clever modulating from major to minor and nice counter point.

    Yes, an up lifting piece.

    Phil
    Thanks for your nice comments, Mister Phil.

    My best to you.

    Larry G. Alexander

  6. #6

    Re: "Woodwind Trio Number Four"

    Quote Originally Posted by larryalex1 View Post
    All,

    Here is a short excerpt from my "Trio #04 In E Major" for flute, clarinet and bassoon. It features the GPO Flute Solo V, Bb Clarinet Solo and bassoon 1 Solo.

    http://www.alexandermusic.com/resources/WoodwindTrio04.mp3

    Best,

    Larry G. Alexander

    Well done, Larry!

    a very enjoyable composition with a positive spirit! I too like Phil enjoy the changes between major and minor - creates a nicely varied flow of the musical ideas in this composition.

    Cheers,
    Reinhold

  7. #7

    Re: "Woodwind Trio Number Four"

    Quote Originally Posted by reinholdbehringer View Post
    Well done, Larry!

    a very enjoyable composition with a positive spirit! I too like Phil enjoy the changes between major and minor - creates a nicely varied flow of the musical ideas in this composition.

    Cheers,
    Reinhold
    Danke schoen, Rein, for the uplifting remarks. An old man needs them.

    I hope that you are in good health.

    Best,

    Larry G. Alexander

  8. #8

    Re: "Woodwind Trio Number Four"

    Hi Larry,

    Thanks for such a merry and happy tune, with three frolicking woodwinds. Wonderful GPO blowers, undoubtedly the best part of the library. You did a great job again!

    Jos
    Jos Wylin

    http://www.joswyl.be compositions and sampling practices

  9. #9
    Senior Member Tom_Davis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ellendale, ND
    Posts
    1,537

    Re: "Woodwind Trio Number Four"

    While the modal changes were a major factor, I have absolutely no idea why I enjoyed this piece so much. After three listenings I have been singing it all day long. Dr. Alstrom once said that such a reaction was a sure sign of musical greatness. All that I can confirm is that I like it - a lot. And I can't get the blessed thing out of my head.

  10. #10

    Re: "Woodwind Trio Number Four"

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Davis View Post
    While the modal changes were a major factor, I have absolutely no idea why I enjoyed this piece so much. After three listenings I have been singing it all day long. Dr. Alstrom once said that such a reaction was a sure sign of musical greatness. All that I can confirm is that I like it - a lot. And I can't get the blessed thing out of my head.
    I am sorry that I invaded your head like that.

    Listen to some Rap (music ?). Maybe that will clear your mind.

    Thanks, Mister Tom.

    Best,

    Larry G. Alexander

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •