• Register
  • Help

Topic: Rhapsody Robotica

Share/Bookmark

Rhapsody Robotica

The idea exploded about 24 hours ago, and here it is. About 6 minutes of GPO Steinway.

Richard

Rhapsody Robotica

Re: Rhapsody Robotica

Quote Originally Posted by rwayland View Post
    The idea exploded about 24 hours ago, and here it is. About 6 minutes of GPO Steinway.

Richard

Rhapsody Robotica

Hi Richard,

very nice and evocative! I assume that the robotic device described by this music is some industrial robot, not a humanoid one. I hear the wheels turning, the actuators rapidly moving, possibly a robot which puts electronic components onto a digital board, with accurate precision, and unstoppable.

Cheers,
    Reinhold

Hello Richard,

Lots of energy in this piece. It does evoke the actions of mass robotic movements. It could also be interpreted as the inner workings of a robotic mind and movements.

I tried to imagine some percussion added to this music. There’s probably not a lot of room for it but maybe it would be a fun experiment.

Phil

My you have very nimble fingers and excellent timing! Keenly Proficient. Yes, I like this. It is not chaotic, but very controlled.

This somehow reflects how I feel somedays. - but with not as much energy. Thanx

Well, thanks for all the comments.

Angelo, age has caused significant decline in my pianistic skills. I have learned to create a very realistic substitute for my reduced skills with computer chicanery.

Richard

After two strokes, I have similar issues. The fingers are not too bad, but at points, get worse, I start doing, scales, inversions, etc. I also record into Logic Pro,and fix my mistakes. Ah that's the way life works. In one way it was good, because it forced me to pay more attention, to arrangements. And not all parts have to be fast.. I usually put Logic into Loop record, mute, new track, then piece together a good part. Try not to use quantize commands, although DAW quantize has gotten a lot more sophisticated, with values, percentage of strength. Or even taken one good take you did, and use that as the quantize template for later riffs.

I can't imagine the music our forefather composers could have made with a modern DAW. (blasphemy???)

Go Back to forum