• Register
  • Help

Topic: Teklekos

Share/Bookmark

Teklekos

About 2 minutes of GPO organ, gentle, cantabile. Teklekos (Thecla Echoes) refers to Thecla Baderczewska, the teen age girl who wrote "The Maiden's Prayer" , about 101 years before my birth. This is a makeover of a previous work. There are a few very minor changes in the first half, but the second half is completely new.

"The Maiden's Prayer" is a nice melody, but that is all. The original piece is very amateurish. But I like it. For many years, if you did not play this piece, you were not really a pianist!

Richard

Teklekos

Re: Teklekos

Profound on SO many levels.

Very nice indeed. My sister had to play this ( and she did play it until I grown to hate it) but your gentle echo is just great, Thanks my friend

Ted

Very nice. It's intriguing to hear a piece so old, and written by a teenage girl. I'm not familiar with the piece, but you did a great rendition of it.

The use of the organ reminds me of being 10 years old again. I took organ lessons at a large churching Peabody, Massachusetts on a 3 manual, fairly well endowed pipe organ.. Rooms on both sides of the choir setting which housed the pipes. Once I was alone, practicing. I put the pedal to the floor, the very loud volume, which almost shook things, gave me such a feeling of power. I was hooked

I wasn’t familiar with the title so I checked out a performance on Youtube. Although it sounds familiar I don’t recall my brother’s practicing this song for their piano lessons.

Your take off of it’s melody was great! It’s almost unrecognizable in that respect. There is so much more to listen to.

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Davis View Post
    Profound on SO many levels.
    Thank you, Tom.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by tedvanya View Post
    Very nice indeed. My sister had to play this ( and she did play it until I grown to hate it) but your gentle echo is just great, Thanks my friend

Ted
    I used to hate the piece because because it was so awful, but the melody was nice, and it seemed to me improved by just hinting at it. So that is what I did.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by angelonyc View Post
    Very nice. It's intriguing to hear a piece so old, and written by a teenage girl. I'm not familiar with the piece, but you did a great rendition of it.

The use of the organ reminds me of being 10 years old again. I took organ lessons at a large churching Peabody, Massachusetts on a 3 manual, fairly well endowed pipe organ.. Rooms on both sides of the choir setting which housed the pipes. Once I was alone, practicing. I put the pedal to the floor, the very loud volume, which almost shook things, gave me such a feeling of power. I was hooked
    Well, this rendition contains only a hint of the original melody, which I consider an improvement.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by fastlane View Post
    I wasn’t familiar with the title so I checked out a performance on Youtube. Although it sounds familiar I don’t recall my brother’s practicing this song for their piano lessons.

Your take off of it’s melody was great! It’s almost unrecognizable in that respect. There is so much more to listen to.

Phil
    Well, Phil, not much direct statement of the original tune. Just a little hint. I played the original so many times I thought I would puke!

Richard

Go Back to forum