• Register
  • Help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Topic: The Hope

Share/Bookmark

Re: The Hope

Wow, this is epic. I could listen to it over and over again! Great tunes and orchestration - so beautiful! Could you in any way present the score? And you did this with GPO?

I agree to the hint above regarding the missing timpani...

Gerd

A pretty song. Good job. I like it. Thanks for sharing it.

Best,

Larry G. Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by gprengel View Post
    Wow, this is epic. I could listen to it over and over again! Great tunes and orchestration - so beautiful! Could you in any way present the score? And you did this with GPO?

I agree to the hint above regarding the missing timpani...

Gerd
    Happy you enjoyed this music Gerd!

I’ve just started doing some piano roll to Notation view converting in Logic Pro X with a few smaller efforts to see if I can get them to make sence as a printed score. I should maybe post one of those first here first for some feed back. Just going from a performance Piano Roll view to Notation view, you end up with scads of tied notes. A real mess.

I used Cinematic Strings, CineBrass, CineWinds, EW Symphonic Orchestra(percussion), CFX Concert Grand, Garritan Harps, uhe Diva and Zebra 2 synths, Soundiron choirs and Sample Tekk 10cc sample loop from “I’m Not In Love”. I imagine it could be arranged a little differently.

I guess I’ll have to try and add some timpani to the brass section. I did change the ending by adding that final orchestral hit.

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by larryalex1 View Post
    A pretty song. Good job. I like it. Thanks for sharing it.

Best,

Larry G. Alexander
    Hi Larry,

I appreciate your nice comments. Thanks for posting!

I imagine it’s pretty hot in Tyler, Texas right now. We’re getting another early heat wave here again this week. I’m sure glad I’m retired and I don’t have to be outside working in it.

Phil

Hi Phil,

This is the first work after my 'break'. What a way to return to the NS-Forum.

Just wonderful. Somehow it reminds me a bit of the way Francis Lay composed in the seventies. It's like I'm hearing a consequent film themes. The music is so visual to me.

Congrats!
    Jos
    Jos Wylin

http://www.joswyl.be compositions and sampling practices

I’m glad you enjoyed this one Jos!

I haven’t really thought about it in a sound track sence but I now can hear it also. I’m not much of a movie person but a fair share of my music seems to lean in that direction.

Phil

Go Back to forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12