• Register
  • Help

Topic: Impromptu for strings Op. 16 No.2 - Forgotten (Vergeten)

Share/Bookmark

Impromptu for strings Op. 16 No.2 - Forgotten (Vergeten)

New work just before summer starts. Enjoy,

Greetings

Raymond

https://youtu.be/oyW24hZhnig

Re: Impromptu for strings Op. 16 No.2 - Forgotten (Vergeten)

Well done.. I had to look over my shoulder a couple of times, the mood scared me a bit in sections. Excellent how you direct the listeners ear, to certain passages of strings, down to cello, bass. Dynamics extremely executed. Same with using different articulations.

I really appreciate your music Raymond, in particular the orchestral works. Like your Elegie this piece is just marvellous. It is so nice to hear new, innovative and modern music but still in the tonal genre.
    Thank you for giving us this piece which although its sentimental mood brings so much joy and happiness to me.

Kjell

Kjell: As they say" You came a long way ,babe.."

Very good, very good indeed! Even brilliant my friend. A very new YOU too!!
    Good orchestration, good mixing, good composing

Congratulation

Ted

Now I really put my foot .... (It would be impossible in reality, I can hardly put my socks on now), I just enjoyed your music, and I thought (?) it was Kjell's, which really impressed me, the change He demonstrated.
    Anyhow, Raymond, from you, it is just usually beautiful, and please forgive this mumbling idiot, Ted.

Well thought out and sophisticated music, skillfully realized but also emotionally centered. Perhaps it mirrors the current human condition. Much apprehension and unknowns lurking about.

Phil

Hi Raymond,

Here I'm back (for a moment) before leaving for the south of France (it's too hot here... ). Don't worry folks, after this heat I'll be back to listen to as many pieces as possible.

Your Impromptu is as always of a very high quality, musically and technically (recording, rendition, ambience). As always you succeeded in creating an ideal mix of consonant and dissonant harmonies in a thrilling development of thematic material. I can't imagine people not liking your composition. I even think it has much potential to be orchestrated for full (large) orchestra, where the woods and brass could provide another dimension in the fantasy world to accentuate the emotions involved.
    Very lovely use of the deep strings indeed. Only the dim. at the end for the bass seems a bit overdone (if possible at all). Anyway, this is virtual music and you've used its possibilities well!

Congrats with this impromptu,
    Jos

Quote Originally Posted by Max Hamburg View Post
    Hi Raymond,

Here I'm back (for a moment) before leaving for the south of France (it's too hot here... ).
    Jos
    Jos is due for the south of France, I will stay at home, suffering under the summer sun and lack of rain. Maybe something comes up in my mind, new music, or just listen to fantastic compositions written by the great masters. Have a good time and be save on the roads.

Thank you guys for your comments on this piece.

Raymond
    Raymond Robijns
    Youtube channel: "Raymond Robijns"

Go Back to forum