• Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Topic: ~ ~ Guastavino - Cantilena, El Ceibo ~ ~

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    ~ ~ Guastavino - Cantilena, El Ceibo ~ ~


  2. #2
    Senior Member fastlane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Shelton, Washington State
    Posts
    3,397

    Re: ~ ~ Guastavino - Cantilena, El Ceibo ~ ~

    Hello Yudit,

    This is quit charming and peaceful piano music. I can imagine the folk music and people of Argentina that inspired it.

    And, as usual, you gave it life with your sensitive interpitation.


    A wonderful listen here sitting on my front porch on a sunny but mild afternoon after the unexpected thunderstorm last evening that brought much needed rain.




    Phil

  3. #3
    Senior Member tedvanya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Canada,winter Mexico
    Posts
    1,215

    Re: ~ ~ Guastavino - Cantilena, El Ceibo ~ ~

    Love it. How do you pick up these jams....
    But of course, the best part is you playing it.Again, and again, I enjoy your touch of the keys, reminding me of my Mother style, and believe me it is a compliment, she was a great pianist.
    Thanks

    Ted

  4. #4

    Re: ~ ~ Guastavino - Cantilena, El Ceibo ~ ~

    Quote Originally Posted by fastlane View Post
    Hello Yudit,

    This is quit charming and peaceful piano music. I can imagine the folk music and people of Argentina that inspired it.

    And, as usual, you gave it life with your sensitive interpitation.


    A wonderful listen here sitting on my front porch on a sunny but mild afternoon after the unexpected thunderstorm last evening that brought much needed rain.

    Phil
    Phil,

    Lovely to hear in which way you enjoyed hearing this piece.
    A sensitive ear can hear a sensitive performance and
    you sure got one.

    Thanks for listening.


    ~ Yudit ~

  5. #5

    Re: ~ ~ Guastavino - Cantilena, El Ceibo ~ ~

    Quote Originally Posted by tedvanya View Post
    Love it. How do you pick up these jams....
    But of course, the best part is you playing it.Again, and again, I enjoy your touch of the keys, reminding me of my Mother style, and believe me it is a compliment, she was a great pianist.
    Thanks

    Ted
    Ted,

    I think these gems pick me... they want to be played and heard...

    I'm very glad to know that you enjoy the way I play,
    and if it reminded you of your mother's playing
    I can only be even more glad.

    Thanks for listening and for your warm words.


    ~ Yudit ~

  6. #6

    Re: ~ ~ Guastavino - Cantilena, El Ceibo ~ ~

    Hi Yudit;

    Quite a lovely piece, and your performance is exquisite, the pauses, tempo changes, are so well placed. Masterful actually.
    Arpegiation and other lines lines under the melody, are .... perfect..

    This piece exhibits a great rang of subtle emotion.. Peaceful, uplifting, with a hint of recalled memories, varying from once joyous, now tempered with the passage of time, nostalgia, and a brief glimpse of wistfulness (but in a good way).. Like a once somewhat painful memories, now smoothed over by time, and reflection into something of beauty..

    Just as one I imagine their long deceased Mom's.. the painful times have been smoother over by the river of time, and what remains is a watery reflection, with an overt very comfortable, beautiful image.

    Excellent..

    Mark Styles

  7. #7

    Re: ~ ~ Guastavino - Cantilena, El Ceibo ~ ~

    Quote Originally Posted by angelonyc View Post
    Hi Yudit;

    Quite a lovely piece, and your performance is exquisite, the pauses, tempo changes, are so well placed. Masterful actually.
    Arpegiation and other lines lines under the melody, are .... perfect..

    This piece exhibits a great rang of subtle emotion.. Peaceful, uplifting, with a hint of recalled memories, varying from once joyous, now tempered with the passage of time, nostalgia, and a brief glimpse of wistfulness (but in a good way).. Like a once somewhat painful memories, now smoothed over by time, and reflection into something of beauty..

    Just as one I imagine their long deceased Mom's.. the painful times have been smoother over by the river of time, and what remains is a watery reflection, with an overt very comfortable, beautiful image.

    Excellent..

    Mark Styles
    Mark,

    Your description mirrors what I feel about this piece and the way I worked on it.
    It's a lot about nuances which you sensed.

    Folklore goes way back and encompasses whole aspects of a country.
    Guastavino certainly knew how to incorporate this with his own style
    and I feel fortunate that I could express myself through his music.

    Many thanks for listening!


    ~ Yudit ~

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •