• Register
  • Help

Topic: Paisello Variations

Share/Bookmark

Paisello Variations

Fourteen years ago, I wrote a few variations on Nel Cor Piu. I have revised it, added 6 more variations and gave the new version a new name. 15 minutes, GPO Steinway

Richard.

Paisello Variations,np3

Re: Paisello Variations

Quite a body of work.. Some of it was like a stream of water rippling over pebbles. somewhere between majestic and relaxing at the same time.. A long piece with many sections.

Quote Originally Posted by angelonyc View Post
    Quite a body of work.. Some of it was like a stream of water rippling over pebbles. somewhere between majestic and relaxing at the same time.. A long piece with many sections.

It is something of a wild ride. Reminds me of a roller coaster I rode in 1952 in Logan, Utah.

The water rippling effect is something I use often. Rivers, lakes, and oceans are a source of great pleasure to me. I had hoped to swim the Golden Gate, but then asthma set in,the arthritis worsened,
    and that diminished my swimming, and now, i no longer swim.

Richard

Hi Richard,

The 14 years younger Rich has clearly transformed wit ageing from pretty tonal to more and more atonal compositions. This fantastic achievement developes in small steps, introducing totally unexpectedly some 'strange' chords and moving back to the comfort of tonalism. If I had to chose a variations, I would pick the one out at about 10' with the arpeggios. It's so beautiful and well dosed, theme in the bass.

The younger Richard came finally in my world and I enjoyed it a lot!

Jos
    Jos Wylin

http://www.joswyl.be compositions and sampling practices

Well, all comparisons and program music aside, this more simply displays a wonderfully conceived collection of piano pedagogy that presents the instrument in exciting variations and tonal color. This deserves to be heard in the concert hall.

Well, thanks to all of you. I am quite encouraged by your comments. This is the sort of thing any composer loves to hear.

The reference to the 10 minute mark just happens to be the start of variation 10.

I just finished tidying up the score. A strange glitch appeared, which took some eal effort to remove.

Now on to the next compositions!

Richard

Go Back to forum