• Register
  • Help

Topic: "Slinky"

Share/Bookmark

"Slinky"

All,

This is my 'big band', bluesy "Slinky". A Hammond organ and distorted guitar are included.

Regards to everyone.

Larry G. Alexander

Re: "Slinky"

Hello Larry,

How nice to hear these old synths sounds again. Is the Hammond also a synth sound? This piece shows that you're not only a classical/baroque man, but a skilled jazz composer as well. Big band is so special and rich in colours when played properly. I enjoyed your composition a lot!

Thanks for sharing,
    Jos
    Jos Wylin

http://www.joswyl.be compositions and sampling practices

Quote Originally Posted by Max Hamburg View Post
    Hello Larry,

How nice to hear these old synths sounds again. Is the Hammond also a synth sound? This piece shows that you're not only a classical/baroque man, but a skilled jazz composer as well. Big band is so special and rich in colours when played properly. I enjoyed your composition a lot!

Thanks for sharing,
    Jos
    No, the Hammond organ and the drums are sampled instruments.

Thanks for having a listen, Mister Max.

Best,

Larry G. Alexander

Thank you Larry for this rocky and rolly 3-chord music. Although simple in structure it is content rich and interesting to listen to. I love, as usual, the bass playing most, nice line there, also with the brass.
    Good stuff.

Kjell

Quote Originally Posted by kjelleman View Post
    Thank you Larry for this rocky and rolly 3-chord music. Although simple in structure it is content rich and interesting to listen to. I love, as usual, the bass playing most, nice line there, also with the brass.
    Good stuff.

Kjell
    Thank you, Swedish person.

I appreciate your message.

Larry G. Alexander

I liked the piece, especially loved the organ.. That was so perky and almost humorous. with a hint of 'Rick Wakeman' in there. I also liked when the blues chord progression shone thru.. cute, almost sneaky..

Quote Originally Posted by angelonyc View Post
    I liked the piece, especially loved the organ.. That was so perky and almost humorous. with a hint of 'Rick Wakeman' in there. I also liked when the blues chord progression shone thru.. cute, almost sneaky..
    Thanks for your good review...and a good day to you.

Larry G. Alexander

Hi Larry,

This was great fun to listen to. Some pretty inventive jazz/blues work here.

As I remember, you said you gigged as a jazz bass player at one time. I can hear the bass dancing around the other instruments.

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by fastlane View Post
    Hi Larry,

This was great fun to listen to. Some pretty inventive jazz/blues work here.

As I remember, you said you gigged as a jazz bass player at one time. I can hear the bass dancing around the other instruments.

Phil
    Yes, I worked with small and large jazz groups way back when I was young. I played "standup" bass with some great musicians.

Thanks, Mister Phil, for responding.

Take care.

Larry G. Alexander

Go Back to forum