• Register
  • Help

Topic: Louis Amber Creejk

Share/Bookmark

Louis Amber Creek

5 1/2 minutes of busy piano. Starts in C minor, sort of, and concludes in C major. There is a short fugue and a modified zapateado hidden in it. Exporting from Sonar to Sibelius was a nightmare! After correting the resulating errors and editing out the impossiblities, I exported it back to Sonar, which created aonther nightmare. All seems right now. The score is awaiting expression, which will take a day or so. I don't expect a waiting list for it.

Addendum: Tempo and dynamics revised. Length is now about 6 1/2 minutes. Link unchanged.

This link is to Box

Richard

Louis Amber Creek

Re: Louis Amber Creejk

Hi Richard,

As usual I had to get used to your very personal musical language and it took me to around 2.50' and all of a sudden the ostonato became rather tonal and gallant to my ears. You certainly have a stubborn way of working, but at least you are absolutely consequent with yourself. Everything you present here looks as if you play very easily, almost like an improvisation with independent hands (as if two or more persons were playing separately, without hearing each other). Your counterpoint is unconditional and strict.
    The piano sounds very nice. Which one is it?

All the best,
    Jos
    Jos Wylin

http://www.joswyl.be compositions and sampling practices

Well, Jos, your comments are always worthy of consideration. You obviously listen quite attentively. Thank you. Yep, my counterpoint is rather strict, perhaps a bit too much so, but it produces the intended effect. When it does not,m the counterpoint becomes less strict.

The whole piece is nearly tonal, at least tonal enough to be assigned key signatures., But I will never be as tonal as the common tradition.

Richard

This was a little different Richard.

One of your more tonal works over-all it seems to me. But still it takes some concentration to hopefully “hear it”.

I was getting some distortion on the left side using my Apple earbuds from where the left hand starts at the beginning to where it solos for a few notes or about 1:22. I listened again using my AKG headphones and if there was any distortion it wasn’t noticeable. It may have something to do with my Apple earbuds but I thought I’d mention it.

Phil

Go Back to forum