• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Spring Celebration

Share/Bookmark

Spring Celebration

Dear Friends,

I would like to celebrate the arrival of spring with a tribute to the pollinators of nature, now very active in my area.

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/user-89293915...wind-quintet-1

Youtube video: https://youtu.be/kkn08xiSkBo

Score: https://musescore.com/user/18361371/scores/5065838

Greetings,
    Kjell

Re: Spring Celebration

Hi Kjell,

Such a nice idea to honour the bees and bumblebees. You did that in a non descriptive but very harmonic way with appealing themes. Romanticism at its best in a good wind quintet.

Well done!
    Jos
    Jos Wylin

http://www.joswyl.be compositions and sampling practices

Delightful.
    What a nice overall sound!
    Fabio
    Arrigo Beyle / Milanese / Lived, wrote, loved -- Stendhal
    Being Italian is a full-time job -- B. Severgnini

Thank you Jos and Fabio for your nice feedback. So good to know that you listen.

Kjell

Kjell,

A lovely and streaming counterpoint play.
    The moderate tempo is very suitable here.
    I also like how the individual instruments enter.

Well done.

~ Yudit ~

I love the music you made. In my foolish youth, before my heart attack hit me, I had over 400 beehives, and I still love them ( not the stings). Your music and the video just fits my memories..
    Thanks

Ted

Quote Originally Posted by sunbird View Post
    Kjell,

A lovely and streaming counterpoint play.
    The moderate tempo is very suitable here.
    I also like how the individual instruments enter.

Well done.

~ Yudit ~
    Thank you so much Yudit. I am very happy you liked it and that you noted the special entry of the instruments. This technique of overlapping the finish and start of an insert is borrowed from Mozart's concert for 10 wind instruments. It was actually mentioned in Foreman's movie "Amadeus".

Kjell

Quote Originally Posted by tedvanya View Post
    I love the music you made. In my foolish youth, before my heart attack hit me, I had over 400 beehives, and I still love them ( not the stings). Your music and the video just fits my memories..
    Thanks

Ted
    Thank you Ted, it makes me glad to hear about your memories. I wanted to do more with the movie, I did search for the "bee dance", i.e. when they communicate the localisation of the flowers but couldn't find any for free. So the movie is mostly from my own apple tree, beneath which I put together the tune. Right now during a very warm evening the bees are more active than ever, also some humblebees (bumblebee) can be seen. I thought that language play in the title was amusing.

Kjell

Hi Kjell,

Your music is well titled with it’s pastoral, unpretentious mood. The woodwind instruments support each other well with lovely meleody, creating a scene for the listener of nature’s harmony that is wonderfully calming.

Traditionally a WWQ has horn but for this piece your choice of instruments was a good one.

I imagine in the Nordic countries, Spring is a pleasant treat to be treasured after the long winter.

I enjoyed it much!

Quote Originally Posted by fastlane View Post
    Hi Kjell,

Your music is well titled with it’s pastoral, unpretentious mood. The woodwind instruments support each other well with lovely meleody, creating a scene for the listener of nature’s harmony that is wonderfully calming.

Traditionally a WWQ has horn but for this piece your choice of instruments was a good one.

I imagine in the Nordic countries, Spring is a pleasant treat to be treasured after the long winter.

I enjoyed it much!
    Thank you Phil for this beautiful feedback. Yes indeed, now when spring arrives after a long winter people start to smile again. In my country nature is sacred, in particular in summer.
    Greetings,
    Kjell

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast