• Register
  • Help

Topic: "The Colonel Moogy March"

Share/Bookmark

"The Colonel Moogy March"

Y'all,

This is my "Colonel Moogy March" featuring a combination of standard instruments and synthesizers.

Play it loudly!

Larry G. Alexander

Re: "The Colonel Moogy March"

Hi Larry,

Back to the Moog era! How wonderful to hear it again. Such a merry and joyful tune to start the day with. It gives me extra energy and good spirits.

Thanks for sharing!
    Jos
    Jos Wylin

http://www.joswyl.be compositions and sampling practices

Quote Originally Posted by Max Hamburg View Post
    Hi Larry,

Back to the Moog era! How wonderful to hear it again. Such a merry and joyful tune to start the day with. It gives me extra energy and good spirits.

Thanks for sharing!
    Jos
    I am glad that you liked "...Moogy...", Mister Max. Thank you.

I am sorry to hear that the terrorists are attempting to destroy your country. I hope that the people of Belgium will be triumphant!

My best regards to you.

Larry G. Alexander

I was doing my exercises while listening and kept the pace of the march... I taste a little Irish in this?
    Just lovely.

Ted

Quote Originally Posted by tedvanya View Post
    I was doing my exercises while listening and kept the pace of the march... I taste a little Irish in this?
    Just lovely.

Ted
    No, it is strictly Yugoslavian, Mister Ted. (I am kidding.)

Thanks very much for your response.

Best,

Larry G. Alexander

Oh good Lord. This sent me reeling back to our 1969 college electronique/concrete experimental composition class 204 with miles of patch cords and a Moog Modular Synthesizer. The tonalities are almost identical. What instrument or software are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Davis View Post
    Oh good Lord. This sent me reeling back to our 1969 college electronique/concrete experimental composition class 204 with miles of patch cords and a Moog Modular Synthesizer. The tonalities are almost identical. What instrument or software are you using?
    I have a synthesizer sample library called Sonik Synth II that makes many synthesizer sounds available to me.

By combining some of the synth sounds I have an almost limitless number of voices available. Through the years I have digitally converted many of my original compositions to all-synth productions. I derive much musical pleasure in doing this.

Thanks for your message, Mister Tom.

Best,

Larry G. Alexander

Go Back to forum