• Register
  • Help

Topic: Litzerdeg

Share/Bookmark

Litzerdeg

This was composed as a form of relaxation for me. I composed this, and feel much rejuvenated. Some people may find the music strange and incomprehensible, but that is not an uncommon phenomenon with regard to my music. Nearly 11 minutes of piano music. I don't know how else to describe it. The link is to an MP3 at Box. Score will not be ready for a day or two.

Richard

Litzerdeg

Re: Litzerdeg

I am still listening while I type this, and it's a nice piece. I love piano compositions myself. Some of my favorite instrument arrangements include the piano and violin, piano and flute, and piano and strings. Did you play this in real-time via keyboard? Anyways, it's sounding nice and thanks for sharing.

Regards,
    Richard

This just sent me spiraling back to Piano Pedagogy 404. Nicely done with strong rhythmic continuity to help the ear.

I was expecting the style of the ghost of Bach and got a new Richard. Very interesting piece, will try to listen more than once to get more understanding for it. But, as you know me, crazy romantic square head I am, I like more old Richard.
    Hope you are healthy and happy

Ted

Richard,

Apparently I found it to be relaxing also. I managed to get in a short, much needed nap upon it’s conclusion.

It made me think of some of the piano suspense soundtrack work from old TV drama shows. I think I heard echos of hard edged jazz more than anything else.

Phil

I think it is very therapeutic. What it conveys (for me) can only be expressed this way - occasionally I do jams like this)..

It is like various thought fragments, unrefined emotions, not fully realized. or defined into one catagory.

Controlled chaos.. I still find it fascinating, musicians, who will compose at 'the edge' harmonic boundaries, and be successful with it as you have.

While I didn't find it 'relaxing' I found it quite relevant.. I am going thru some relatively minor emotional issues, where I have made a new friend. Your piece exactly reflects my feelings about our introduction.. While there is value to be gained from a new friendship, I am not sure, I want to make the emotional commitment to deal with 'baggage' and rough edges.

Your piece kind of walks thru the 'garden of a possible new friendship'.. You demonstrate some beautiful flowers, but also some thorns and poison ivy, I want to avoid..

WOOAH.. you're ending was a shocker.. You just 'shut the door' which is exactly what I need to do. with my personal situation..

I know we are not all 'kids' here. I appreciate this immensely here. We don't need to wear 'bullshit protectors' at NorthernSounds.com
    Those here compose and post a variety of music, which reflects their knowledge, and years of experience. Everyone is intelligent enough to understand it,

Thank you muchly for this composition..

Keep making music, it is good for you, us AND the planet.

Thanks for the responses. It is always gratifying to know that someone is paying attention, takes time to comment, and of course, even more gratifying when the comments are favorable.

Angel, you have got it absolutely. Controlled chaos is a major factor in much of my work. I am so pleased that you observed and appreciated it.

Richard

Richard,

They say that music (all kinds of..) protect us against early brain degeneration. It's a powerful tool to train all the brain functions in thinking, memorising, creating, judging, evaluating, dealing with failure and success, playing (motor skills), auditive training, imagination, fantasy... We could go on for a long time enumerating all these benefits. This introduction just to say that your brain must be in perfect shape to produce such (a) piece(s) with so many nuances, feelings, emotions, suggestions. The latter seems very important: you keep playing around with delicate variations and contrasts, leaving the interpretation to the attentive listener. To me it sounds pretty expressionistic and if that was not your intention, it certainly evokes all kinds of ex- and impressions to me.
    A small remark: the tail of your last sound is cut off. Maybe you should have waited a couple of seconds to end the recording.

Thanks for sharing,
    Jos
    Jos Wylin

http://www.joswyl.be compositions and sampling practices

Go Back to forum