• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Joseph Fiala, Concerto in G major for cello, part 1

Share/Bookmark

Joseph Fiala removed

Dear friends,

I'm so sorry I have to tell you that I had to remove this wonderful post. The owner of the score (written after the manuscript) indicated that we had an arrangement not to publish anything of this piece, not even the audio file of my midi performance. I didn't realise at first that we had such a strict agreement, but I respect it and have removed the post.
    I apologise for the inconvenience but I'm glad most of you could hear it.

Jos
    Jos Wylin

http://www.joswyl.be compositions and sampling practices

Re: Joseph Fiala, Concerto in G major for cello, part 1

Hi Jos,

What a labor of love!
    Very much like a real performance, expertly conducted and performed.
    The cello sounds beautiful, which one is it?
    There are two instruments (or is it just one) that are unfamiliar to me.
    I guess they belong to the Baroque era.
    There is a special charm in the music of that era.

Thanks for posting.

~ Yudit ~

Hi Judit,

Thanks for listening 12 minutes to Fiala's work. Actually, there's only one cello playing here. It's the solo cello 1 from the VSL (Vienna Symphonic Library). It's very difficult to master the solo instruments. This was my first attempt. The sound is all right, but could have more body. The playing techniques and articulations just work fine. I think I couldn't do better at this time, but it is a learning process...

Thanks,
    Jos
    Jos Wylin

Maestro:
    You managed to floor me. You, being so critical to yourself, maybe not agreeing with me, but this work is so perfect to my ears, that it is just plain wonderful. Your handling the orchestra is so good, that I am tempted to delete all my work because I am ashamed of it. Cello is my favored instrument, so you got me there too. Your cello playing in some places are incredibly good, other places are "just" believable.
    This is not (I would not dare) even a suggestion for you, but I would have loved to get the cello a little closer and therefore more domineering, because it is so lovely.
    Thank Max, a wonderful present you gave us.
    Ted

Hi Ted,

Thanks for your kind comment. deleting your work would be a disaster for mankind and certainly because of something you heard elsewhere or from somebody else. You know I'm a great admirer of all your work and your melancholic soul. We both are music amateurs in our hearts, in the most honest meaning of the word. The means with which we are working are very different and therefore the sonic results are not comparable. I always find your work extremely well set and recorded, in fact you're one of the best here in the forum. There's absolutely no reason to doubt about that. Please don't compare and enjoy the music, yours and everything posted here.

Your number one admirer and friend in music,
    Jos
    Jos Wylin

Thanks Max. I did not wish ( and failed) to put myself in the center, I simply wanted to re-instate myself as one admirer of you skill and talent.
    Your melancholy friend
    Ted

Really good job, Max.

I enjoyed both the orchestra and the soloist performance, very natural. And what an interpretation!

Just I would like a less reverberant solo cello. I feel its placement a bit too resonating than the orchestra's (I'm on my monitors now, not the poor ones ).

Waiting for Part 2…
    Fabio
    Arrigo Beyle / Milanese / Lived, wrote, loved -- Stendhal
    Being Italian is a full-time job -- B. Severgnini

Fi-al(l)(a)elujah!!

Wonderful, like a real performance. Great job, Jos.

Raymond

A nice classical sounding piece. I found it quite uplifting. Thanks for sharing.

Regards,
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by fabiolcati View Post
    Really good job, Max.

I enjoyed both the orchestra and the soloist performance, very natural. And what an interpretation!

Just I would like a less reverberant solo cello. I feel its placement a bit too resonating than the orchestra's (I'm on my monitors now, not the poor ones ).

Waiting for Part 2…
    Thanks a lot Fabio, but I have to disappoint you. There won't be a part II... I did this to learn how to manage a difficult solo string instrument and to bring it to life.

One of the great VSL artists once told us not to choose long pieces to practice with, since it is pointless to repeat the same mistakes for 12 minutes or longer. It should be possible to do it in 2 or 3 minutes and still learn from it. I guess he is right, but I wanted to go one step further. Therefore I selected a piece with a small chamber orchestra and pretty much solo work. The interpretation was part of the experiment.

All the best,
    Jos
    Jos Wylin

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast