• Register
  • Help

Topic: Bolero

Share/Bookmark

Bolero

I don't know why I felt compelled to compose this, but I did it. About 8 minutes of pipe organ, with a relentless bolero pedal. I kept it short, as I fear the organist would develop leg cramps from stomping out that rhythm. I had some trouble keeping it simple and tonal. It did not receive spousal approval!

Bolero

Post Re: Bolero

Richard,

Yes, it was a little different coming from you. I could sort of sence you were fighting your break out atonal urges. I think it worked pretty well as an organ Bolero which is an interesting concept, and also using the foot pedal for the rythmn.

I wonder what would be the result if you hadn’t held back. Would it still be a recognizable Bolero? Would it matter?

Phil

Re: Bolero

Quote Originally Posted by fastlane View Post
    Richard,

I wonder what would be the result if you hadn’t held back. Would it still be a recognizable Bolero? Would it matter?

Phil
    Well, you will have a chance to discover the answers. I am working on the part that I did not write, but which existed as a concept. Part of it will be clearly bolero, and in some parts, the bolero, while present, will not be so obvious. Not much will be done for a few days, as I will be seeing my ophthalmologist tomorrow, and that always leaves me quite weary for about two days. But it keeps me from going blind, so it is worth the trouble

Richard

Go Back to forum