• Register
  • Help

Topic: Robotopia

Share/Bookmark

Robotopia

Obviously this is another one of my electronic music efforts. Somewhat dark.

I'm also using F.Horns, Trumpets, Strings, and the Fender Rhodes.

Robotopia

Re: Robotopia

Pretty exciting this music. I like all the events appearing during the journey in the underground filled with jewels and giant rooms. Yes, like adventurers exploring the cavities of a cave. And when the brass entered the music became mighty as if there was a great discovery of some kind.
    Well done.

Kjell

Quote Originally Posted by kjelleman View Post
    Pretty exciting this music. I like all the events appearing during the journey in the underground filled with jewels and giant rooms. Yes, like adventurers exploring the cavities of a cave. And when the brass entered the music became mighty as if there was a great discovery of some kind.
    Well done.

Kjell
    Thanks for the comments Kjell. I’m glad you were able to picture something adventurous with this electronic music.

Phil

Hi Phil,

After some weeks of intense labour to complete a very classical and detailed concerto (Fiala), it's so refreshing to hear some of your wonderful synth pieces. 20 years ago, I used to write a lot of music that way with my Roland gear (as you already know), and it's still thrilling to listen back to electronic compositions, especially from the hands (and brains) of a master like yourself.

Thanks for sharing!
    Jos
    Jos Wylin

http://www.joswyl.be compositions and sampling practices

Quote Originally Posted by Max Hamburg View Post
    Hi Phil,

After some weeks of intense labour to complete a very classical and detailed concerto (Fiala), it's so refreshing to hear some of your wonderful synth pieces. 20 years ago, I used to write a lot of music that way with my Roland gear (as you already know), and it's still thrilling to listen back to electronic compositions, especially from the hands (and brains) of a master like yourself.

Thanks for sharing!
    Jos
    Hi Jos,

I didn’t notice that you had commented on Robotopia( this tune)so much of my reply for Redemption would have been better posted here I guess. Oh well.

Yes, there is a element of energy and edge in electronic music that cannot be reproduced using natural instruments. No doubt that is what draws young people to it like rock. There is also a futuristic element to it. Will it someday replace natural sounds music? Could electronic music as we know it be replaced by something else?

Thanks for the compliment! I’ll take all I can get.

Oh this is quite nice.. Yes I am very fascinated by the mixture of electronic virtual instruments, and some traditional ones.

You did a great job here.. My greatest thrill back in the 70's was to work at U.Mass Bostons, multi-media center.. We had a collection of several synthesizers.. A custom large MOOG system with Bob Moog, first 4 x 256 digital sequencer. I had at any given time 2 - 5 other synths, along, with a custom interface box to convert MOOG and ARP control signals, (s-triggers to ARP gate and trigger.)

There was NOTHING more exciting than working on a huge patch job, connecting all synths, with there 4 different sequencers, Sample/Holds into one giant music making machine.. This would take a couple of days to set-up, refine, retune analog sequencers to the digital one. (obviously continuing to retune the analog drifting VCO's. then getting that down on multi-track tape. I jury rigged a 'syncing system by recording a raw square wave on one track. (all pre-midi of course)..

Your pieces bring back memories of those great memories.. So I greatly enjoy your electronic pieces..

Go Back to forum