• Register
  • Help

Topic: Bye Bye BandLab

Share/Bookmark

Bye Bye BandLab

After much web activity and some correspondence with BandLab, I can now provide some useful details.

It is possible to register without Facebook. They just make the Facebook option more visible.

The risk warning is not a serious matter.

The real issue is that you must be on line to use the software. Definitely not for anyone on a metered connection. To get usable service, I access the net via satellite. This would make the cost incredibly expensive.

Richard

Re: Bye Bye BandLab

... to say nothing of performance hit you system would take if you're doing all your work on line. (And who knows how secure this system is?)

Allegro Data Solutions

Hello Richard,

You don't need to be online to use Sonar. I downloaded it and it runs on my music computer which only ever goes online to register new libraries or update something. I've put a link to Bandlabs FAQ page which should help you. The 3rd paragraph down says you don't need to be online as well.

When I downloaded Sonar, I used the Early Access button and the Bandlab Assistant did it all, no problems at all. I used my google account to sign in as I don't do Facebook etc. If you have a gmail account you should have a google login you could use. Otherwise maybe you could just sign up for a Bandlab account and use the login for that.

I hope you can get it down, it's light years ahead of my old Sonar LE version I got free years ago. I use DP but Sonar Platinum sure looks good as well.

Here's the link, good luck!

https://blog.bandlab.com/cakewalk-announcement-faq
    yjoh

Music... A Joy For Life.

Well, I based my comments on correspondence with BandLab. They
    informed me, in response to my specific question, that in order to use BandLab Cakewalk, I must be logged in to my account. Therefore, I closed my account.

Richard

Hi Richard,

I've done some research for you and I think they are talking about their own DAW which you do have to be online to use.

The Cakewalk Sonar Platinum DAW is separate from theirs and once installed you just use it offline like always. If you read the 3rd and 4th paragraphs down in the link I posted, and click where is says get the Bandlab Assistant here, you should be okay.

It says further down that you need an account to sign into the assistant which allows you to download and authorize Cakewalk Sonar but after that you should be good to go.

I hope this helps, maybe someone else can chime in and help further.

All the best

Yvonne
    yjoh

Music... A Joy For Life.

Go Back to forum