• Register
  • Help

Topic: Bandlbab/Cakewalk problems

Share/Bookmark

Bandlbab/Cakewalk problems

Well, I downloaded the installer, but Windows Smart Screen prevents it from opening. I can easily override this, but I don't know why I get the message.

Cakewalk is available free to registered Bandlab users. The only way I can discover to register is with Facebook, Other options are listed, but no matter which I select, all are grayed out except Facebook. Is there another way that I am missing? I will not use Facebook. I will not use the Cakewalk if that is the only way. The primary benefit to me would be the faster speed on the computer I expect to purchase soon.

Any comments, suggestions, head scratching or sneers?

Richard

Re: Bandlbab/Cakewalk problems

Well Richard,

I’ve seen similar Facebook joining requirements. No doubt it’s about gently forcing one to join Facebook. You could join Facebook and once you have the software you could then cancel Facebook although that may prevent you from being able to download any nessasary software updates in the future. Also, from what I read about actually cancelling Facebook, their data sucking tentacles may take some time to detach from your person.

Phil

Thanks, Phil. That was my suspicion. Case closed.

Richard

I switched to Reaper, much more powerful and versatile. Steep learning curve tough.

Go Back to forum