• Register
  • Help

Topic: Symphony in C I. Allegro moderato

Share/Bookmark

Symphony in C I. Allegro moderato

2 months ago I discovered a symphony fragment of about 80 measures (till 2:25) and some sketches for the development of a wellknown composer (you can guess the name!) which fascinated me so that I wanted to complete it. Here it is:

www.gerdprengel.de/symphony_C_Major_1.mp3

http://www.gerdprengel.de/Symphony_in_C.pdf

I hope it speaks to you!

Gerd

Re: Symphony in C I. Allegro moderato

You did a good job of puttingt all together. I’m not sure about the composer other than were were probably male, living some where in Europe in the 1800s?

Technically, I occasionally heard the machine gun effect. That probably has to do with audio play back using a notation app.

Phil

Hi Gerd,

You've brought up a wonderful composition here, worth a closer look and a good recording. Phil already mentioned the machine gun effect in the violins and violas. As such it doesn't disturb too much here, since the triplets are made in a sustain-like sample, with camouflages the so called gun effect. But the composition would definitely benefit from a clear spiccato or soft staccato (or portato, or a short articulation with a distinct attack) to execute all these triplets in a light and joyful way. The melodic themes would be supported in a playful way as a nice contrast. So if possible (if you have the articulations at your disposal to do so) could you review these triplets? Your massive, marvellous work would shine a lot more by such simple change!

Well done, I really like the overall composition.
    Jos
    Jos Wylin

http://www.joswyl.be compositions and sampling practices

Dear Max,
    as always thanks for your helpful remarks! I tried now to improve the rendition accordingly regarding the tremolo triplets by the use of staccato mode or I put them in lower volume - especially in the beginnings of the exposition, developement and the coda. I hope it sounds better now also for your ears :-)

Gerd

Go Back to forum