Topic: "Country Capers"

Share/Bookmark

"Country Capers"

Y'all,

This is my "Country Capers".

Best,

Larry G. Alexander

Re: "Country Capers"

I like it Larry. It is brilliant music, so filled with joy and excitement through several interesting passages.
    The rhythmic section is great. What kind of drum is used here?
    The banjo (?) intermezzo is really ingenious as a beautiful contrast.
    Great achievement.

Kjell

Quote Originally Posted by kjelleman View Post
    I like it Larry. It is brilliant music, so filled with joy and excitement through several interesting passages.
    The rhythmic section is great. What kind of drum is used here?
    The banjo (?) intermezzo is really ingenious as a beautiful contrast.
    Great achievement.

Kjell
    Thank you, Swedish Dude, for the nice compliments.

I tried to achieve a "different" rhythm section sound by accentuating the lower frequencies of the audio spectrum in that group of instruments.

Best regards.

Larry G. Alexander

Hi Larry,

The piece reminded me of my youth, where we often saw the "Comedy Capers" on television, with lots of crazy chasing scenes. It was silent television, with only that kind of supporting music.
    Another fine piece full of witticism and humour. You've used a lovely violin and a slightly detuned banjo (did you do that yourself or is it such a realistic library?). Fantastic. I enjoyed it immensely.
    Jos

HelloLarry,

That was some fine fiddlin’ and banjo pickin’. Fun Texan country swing music but I’d say a little more musically sophisticated. I felt like swapping my cowboy boots for dancing slippers.

The double modulation was a neat trick.

You can’t help but smile when listing to your Country Capers!

Phil

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Max Hamburg View Post
    Hi Larry,

The piece reminded me of my youth, where we often saw the "Comedy Capers" on television, with lots of crazy chasing scenes. It was silent television, with only that kind of supporting music.
    Another fine piece full of witticism and humour. You've used a lovely violin and a slightly detuned banjo (did you do that yourself or is it such a realistic library?). Fantastic. I enjoyed it immensely.
    Jos
    As always, it is good to hear from you, Mister Max. Thanks for your comments.

Best,

Larry G. Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by fastlane View Post
    HelloLarry,

That was some fine fiddlin’ and banjo pickin’. Fun Texan country swing music but I’d say a little more musically sophisticated. I felt like swapping my cowboy boots for dancing slippers.

The double modulation was a neat trick.

You can’t help but smile when listing to your Country Capers!

Phil
    I am muchly obliged to you, Mister Phil. Thanks for being my friend.

Best,

Larry G. Alexander

Where DO you get all these wonderful ideas? This piece takes me back to a time long ago when my parents got their first large console radio and I discovered a station in Illinois that played music all day. Much of it's content (being a mid-west farm station) was country music orchestrated much in this manor. Especially with the unexpected modulations, piano riffs and end tags. Thanks for making me feel young again - even if for just a little while.

Of course then I discovered classical music on Sunday mornings, then an opera station - and, well, the rest is history.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Davis View Post
    Where DO you get all these wonderful ideas? This piece takes me back to a time long ago when my parents got their first large console radio and I discovered a station in Illinois that played music all day. Much of it's content (being a mid-west farm station) was country music orchestrated much in this manor. Especially with the unexpected modulations, piano riffs and end tags. Thanks for making me feel young again - even if for just a little while.

Of course then I discovered classical music on Sunday mornings, then an opera station - and, well, the rest is history.
    All of these so-called "wonderful ideas", as you put it, come from my pea-sized brain, Mister Tom.

I am glad that I could take you back to the "good old days" and whack a few years off of your age. Thanks for listening and commenting, my North Dakoter friend.

I discovered classical music at a very early age also and tried my hand in writing it from that time until now.

BTW, the other lead instrument (besides the "fiddle") is a mandolin.

My best to you.

Larry G. Alexander

What to tell? Don't know. It is just fun and well composed.

Thank you Larry.

Raymond

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast