• Register
  • Help

Topic: 100th anniversary of Claude Debussy's death

Share/Bookmark

100th anniversary of Claude Debussy's death: excerpts from"La Mer and "...Sebastien"

Dear friends,

here are two recordings which I am posting here as a tribute to Claude Debussy:

from "La Mer" the 3rd movement "Dialogue of the wind and the sea"
    https://virtualphilharmonic.bandcamp...nd-and-the-sea

and from "Le Martyre de saint Sébastien" the movement "Danse extatique et Final du 1er Acte"
    https://virtualphilharmonic.bandcamp...al-du-1er-acte

I created both recordings commissioned for the documentary film "Fledglings" by James Girling, which will be released sometime in 2018.

Cheers,
    Reinhold
    Last edited by reinholdbehringer; 03-25-2018 at 03:53 PM. Reason: amended title

Re: 100th anniversary of Claude Debussy's death

Hello Reinhold,

I enjoyed your very well done virtual instrument recordings of these two Debussy works. Congratulations on the documentary commission. I found some information about it and it sounds like a part of history that needs to be told.

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by fastlane View Post
    Hello Reinhold,

I enjoyed your very well done virtual instrument recordings of these two Debussy works. Congratulations on the documentary commission. I found some information about it and it sounds like a part of history that needs to be told.

Phil

Thank you very much, Phil! I am glad that you liked my two renditions.

Yes, I am very glad also that I could be a part of this documentary. It shall be released soon - I have not watched it myself yet.

Cheers,
    Reinhold

Hi Reinhold,

I'm so fond of Debussy's work and his impressionistic sound palette. What you did here is so impressive and elaborate in every detail. That must have been a hell of a job to create such realism in orchestral sound and performance. I can only say that I have great respect for that kind of achievements. Since I write for rather large orchestras as well, I know what I'm talking about.
    The pictorial quality of Debussy's music is inimitable.

Many, many congratulations!
    Jos

Quote Originally Posted by Max Hamburg View Post
    Hi Reinhold,

I'm so fond of Debussy's work and his impressionistic sound palette. What you did here is so impressive and elaborate in every detail. That must have been a hell of a job to create such realism in orchestral sound and performance. I can only say that I have great respect for that kind of achievements. Since I write for rather large orchestras as well, I know what I'm talking about.
    The pictorial quality of Debussy's music is inimitable.

Many, many congratulations!
    Jos

Hi Jos, thank you very mich for your kind comments! I am glad that you appreciate the work that went into these renditions. It took actually not very long to create each of them: about two weeks for one piece (evenings and nights).

I plan to complete "La Mer" and add the first two movements as well, but currently I do not have the time to work on this.

Many greetings and best wishes,
    Reinhold

Go Back to forum