• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: "Round Robin" (Woodwinds)

Share/Bookmark

"Round Robin" (Woodwinds)

This is my "Round Robin" that I wrote for a small woodwind ensemble.

http://www.alexandermusic.com/resour...nWoodwinds.mp3

Larry Alexander

Re: "Round Robin" (Woodwinds)

Well, I was smiling all thru it, and then broke out into a 'chuckle' at the ending.. Very clever.. Key transpositions were very effective. Did you move to a different mode, or just shift to a minor a little ways in?.. That was excellent too.

My technical observation would be.. The lowest voice, has richer harmonics than the other voices, so it starts to overpower the higher voices. Perhaps a more subdued voice, or just low pass filtered a bit, or lowered volume, or panning would let the other voices shine more continually?..

Really quite clever..

Quote Originally Posted by angelonyc View Post
    Well, I was smiling all thru it, and then broke out into a 'chuckle' at the ending.. Very clever.. Key transpositions were very effective. Did you move to a different mode, or just shift to a minor a little ways in?.. That was excellent too.

My technical observation would be.. The lowest voice, has richer harmonics than the other voices, so it starts to overpower the higher voices. Perhaps a more subdued voice, or just low pass filtered a bit, or lowered volume, or panning would let the other voices shine more continually?..

Really quite clever..
    Thank you for your input and comments. I appreciate them.

Good day.

Larry Alexander

Hi mister Larry,

As usual a very decent composition. I especially like the fugato approach which proves again your mastery of classical composition techniques. And yes, the individual instrumental parameters could be better, but I've learned that you don't alter these things anymore. Anyway, the intention of your creation is very clear: let's enjoy the world with good music!

mister Jos
    Jos Wylin

http://www.joswyl.be compositions and sampling practices

Quote Originally Posted by Max Hamburg View Post
    Hi mister Larry,

As usual a very decent composition. I especially like the fugato approach which proves again your mastery of classical composition techniques. And yes, the individual instrumental parameters could be better, but I've learned that you don't alter these things anymore. Anyway, the intention of your creation is very clear: let's enjoy the world with good music!

mister Jos
    Thank you, Mister Max, for your comments. I appreciate your input.

Larry Alexander

I like this Larry-tune very much, with your usual high tempo signature. The choice of instruments are appropriate for the tune, it gives a really nice atmosphere making me think of mister Mozart's master piece for 10 wind instruments. And I also noted with appreciation the fugue character.
    Thanks

Can anyone listen to this piece and not smile appreciatively? Quite masterfully wonderful in all respects.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Davis View Post
    Can anyone listen to this piece and not smile appreciatively? Quite masterfully wonderful in all respects.

Tom
    Thank you, Mister Tom. That's very nice of you!

Best,

Larry Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by kjelleman View Post
    I like this Larry-tune very much, with your usual high tempo signature. The choice of instruments are appropriate for the tune, it gives a really nice atmosphere making me think of mister Mozart's master piece for 10 wind instruments. And I also noted with appreciation the fugue character.
    Thanks
    Many thanks, Mister Swedish Dude. I appreciate your nice comments.

I send my best wishes from America to you in Sweden.

Larry G. Alexander

Hi Larry,

Great job on your Round Robin.

I thought the low instrument(contrabassoon?) was probably intentionally dominate for the counterpoint as the other woodwinds battled it out amongst each other.

Phil

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast