• Register
  • Help

Topic: Short And Suite

Share/Bookmark

Short And Suite

Something a little more traditional.

Garritan Products Used.

Garritan CfX Concert Grand, GPO 5 HandBells, GPO5 Tubular Bells, GPO 5 Bass Drum, Garritan World Instruments Catalan Bagpipes, Garritan Harps - Salvi Harps.

Short And Suite

Re: Short And Suite

Hi Phil,

Some nice things in your sweet suite. (Which voices?) I especially like the second part with the beautiful piano and the soft strings. The piece is somewhat unusual for your doings, but I like it. It's most enjoyable!

Thanks for sharing,
    Jos

A lot of imagination. I like where this piece takes one. I also really liked the piano section. You certainly have a wide assortment of techniques, in the music you create.. very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Max Hamburg View Post
    Hi Phil,

Some nice things in your sweet suite. (Which voices?) I especially like the second part with the beautiful piano and the soft strings. The piece is somewhat unusual for your doings, but I like it. It's most enjoyable!

Thanks for sharing,
    Jos
    Hi Max,

I’m glad you got some enjoyment out of this one. I’m a little late getting back to the forum but the flu I caught is a very strange and persistent strain. Two to three week of sickness is not uncommon.

Yes, this one’s different but I’m always trying different things, some more different than others I guess. The first section was going to be bells but it developed into a choral section. The choral voices are from Olympus Elements which was(is?) a scaled down version of the massive Olympus Library that I picked up for 1/2 off years ago.

Both the first and second section have a kind of early classical sence to them but also elements of electronic music, especially the second part that stays within a one chord structure.

The piano and strings part is possibly a reflection on music, then and now, and ones mortality.

Thanks for commenting!

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by angelonyc View Post
    A lot of imagination. I like where this piece takes one. I also really liked the piano section. You certainly have a wide assortment of techniques, in the music you create.. very good.
    Thanks angelonyc!

I was once tested by a psychologist as being unusually right brain dominate. So much so, I was asked if I had ever suffered a severe blow to the left side of my head. I escaped! Ha,ha.

Yeah, I bounce around with out a lot of initial discipline but hopefully something coherent comes out of my efforts.

Phil

Go Back to forum