• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Rondo giocoso

Share/Bookmark

Rondo giocoso

Dear friends,

Here is the third and last part of my Concerto Piccolo for Accordion and Chamber Orchestra. A rondo with joyful contrasts.

Enjoy!

Rondo giocoso

Jos
    Jos Wylin

http://www.joswyl.be compositions and sampling practices

Re: Rondo giocoso

By now, I got used to, and like your posting the accordion, and like it more and more.
    You are so perfect, that I have nothing to suggest, except that I hope you are continuing...
    In your country it is about 3 in the morning, so Good morning Jos...

Speachless !!

Congratulations Jos.

Raymond

You bring something new to the scene and that is impressive. It is sort of a sensational tune for me in all its perfection. Is it even too perfect, whatever that means?
    The bass play is extraordinary, starts like the famous James Bond theme. So it is one single accordion player which plays both bass and melody? Is it possible to have a look at the score?

Truly beautiful.

Kjell

Thanks Ted, Raymond and Kjell.

Please don't exaggerate. This is the result of a long ripening process. I started the composition in 2011, did a complete revision in 2016 and the final version was created from the beginning of this year till yesterday. During that long period, things changed rapidly: better notation techniques, I started working with a DAW, sample libraries grew and improved a lot... And not to forget: the help of so many lovely people that contributed, advised, commented constructively. The rest is mainly perseverance and self criticism.
    I'm so glad that I can put the classical accordion in the right perspective again. That was basically the main reason of this Piccolo Concerto.

Kjell: I'll send you the score of the third movement in pdf.

Thanks again,
    Jos
    Jos Wylin

Red face Re: Rondo giocoso

Quote Originally Posted by Max Hamburg View Post
    Thanks Ted, Raymond and Kjell.

Please don't exaggerate. This is the result of a long ripening process. I started the composition in 2011, did a complete revision in 2016 and the final version was created from the beginning of this year till yesterday. During that long period, things changed rapidly: better notation techniques, I started working with a DAW, sample libraries grew and improved a lot... And not to forget: the help of so many lovely people that contributed, advised, commented constructively. The rest is mainly perseverance and self criticism.
    I'm so glad that I can put the classical accordion in the right perspective again. That was basically the main reason of this Piccolo Concerto.

Kjell: I'll send you the score of the third movement in pdf.

Thanks again,
    Jos
    Thank you so much Jos, I have got the score. I will use it only personally. I think I have a tune for which the accordion could be appropriate so I check how you did it

Hi Kjell,

To write for the modern accordion, it requires a thorough knowledge of the instrument and the playability (key range, bellows movements and phrasing, accenting, attacks...). There are some interesting syllables on the internet, but pretty complicated for a non-user. I've been playing the (traditional) accordion all my life and I have a modern freebass instrument now. So I can test everything.
    But don't let that withhold you from trying!

Jos
    Jos Wylin

Re: Rondo gioco

That was some pretty nifty accordion work and wonderful music. All well balanced and quite tasteful. At the beginning it made me think of a movie set in Paris or some other such place but then it shifted gears.

I remember there was an accordion craze here in the States years ago probably due to the popularity of the Lawerence Welk Show at the time although I remember many people, including my parents, didn’t care for his light style. You don’t here accordion music here much anymore but I’m sure it still has a audience with polka dancing at fairs and other events.

Phil

Hi Phil,

Thanks for listening.

The accordion is a lot moer than a folk instrument for polka dancing and other folk events. It's a pity that Americans know so little about the instrument, its history and playing possibilities. I've noticed a slight to heavy aversion in the States for the instrument. Therefore I hope that my modest contribution might change that attitude, because the accordion deserves a lot better. It's a modern full featured classical instrument nowadays with a high virtuoso potential and thousands of classically trained musician all over the world are playing in music halls and auditoria surprising the audience with their phenomenal skills. Everywhere they have to struggle against prejudices and contempt or disregard.

I'm glad I've caught the attention of at least some people here to highlight the modern accordion playing.

Jos
    Jos Wylin

Dear Jos,
    I reply here for the entire Concerto I am listening in his whole from your website.
    You did a very good job with it, so musically well crafted, performed and A-class enginereed.
    Did you played the accordion live or is it a sample based instrument?

You know Italian accordions are much appreciated in the world, but no longer popular as in the past, not to mention the fact that the instrument is almost unknown outside the folk community.
    Still there are some stellar players of traditional dances in Sardinia —check for "organetto" players, I'm sure you'll find some on YouTube.

Contemporary Finnish composer Kalevi Aho wrote a concerto and few smaller pieces for the accordion. Not your piece of cake, I suppose…
    Fabio
    Arrigo Beyle / Milanese / Lived, wrote, loved -- Stendhal
    Being Italian is a full-time job -- B. Severgnini

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast