• Register
  • Help

Topic: A Romantic War Piece I'm Working On

Share/Bookmark

A Romantic War Piece I'm Working On

This is a romantic and war based string composition I'm currently working on. I used some footage from a game I'm currently playing in the video.

Regards,
    Richard

Re: A Romantic War Piece I'm Working On

Looks good. Strange saying when I wanted to say that the music fits the footage. Maybe a bit more dynamics when the fighting with the tree happens. Good stuff, though.

Raymond

Thanks for checking out the composition, Raymond. Dynamics is one thing I indeed really need to get some more practice in. I find myself just not using midi controllers at all a lot of the time.

Regards,
    Richard

Hi Rich,

Good work! The choice of the sustained chords fit well in the battle context as some kind of threat and tension. I love your mix with the battle sounds too. Really cinematographic!

Thanks for sharing,
    Jos

Thanks for listening to the composition and for the feedback, Jos.

Regards,
    Richard

It feels like I am sitting in a cinema, very profound sounds indeed. First I was a bit scared of your title, how to combine the words war and romantic? Then I realized that Beethoven's Eroica is sometimes interpreted as a romantic war depiction so it's part of the literature. Now, when I listen to yours it evokes Barber's masterpiece although it is not at all similar. But that piece was also associated with war since it formed a lead motive in the movie "The Platoon" a long time ago, I think I was teenager then but enjoyed the music heavily (and only that).
    I think your music is surely professional, it fits its purpose brilliantly.
    Well done.

Kjell

Go Back to forum