• Register
  • Help

Topic: Concerto Piccolo for Accordion and Chamber Orchestra, part II: Andante alla Russa

Share/Bookmark

Part II: Andante assai

This is the second part of my little accordion concerto. The main theme is based on a Russian folksong (Stepon). The tempo is rather slow to give the soloist maximum opportunity for expressive and emotional interpretation. I had to change the title (in the eyes of Ukrainian people, this song appears to be provocative... I didn't realise it when I first used it and I don't understand Russian either).

Same ensemble and solo instrument as in part I.
    Concerto Piccolo for accordion and chamber orchestra, part II: Andante assai

Jos
    Last edited by Max Hamburg; 01-23-2018 at 01:45 AM. Reason: changing title...

Re: Concerto Piccolo for Accordion and Chamber Orchestra, part II: Andante alla Russa

Marvelous piece with a beautiful folkish touch and many associations as Russian melancholy and french chansons. The accordion is a very nice instrument in this style bringing the perfect mood to the music, thanks for hinting me this instrument. The themes are really gorgeous supported by a soft emotional bass play.
    It fits nicely, I think, as a follower to the previous piece.
    Well done, Jos.

Kjell

Go Back to forum