• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Funkatronic!

Share/Bookmark

Funkatronic!

The Mother Ship is back! Time to get down!

Funkatronic

Re: Funkatronic!

Hi Fastlane,

don't know how you managed all those sounds. I started this Friday with your great piece, I am awake now, for shure.
    Just the piece of music to stay alert during rush hours. Great doing. All the 4:33 minutes.

Greetings,

Raymond

Good music and very skillfully done. Many interesting things happen along the way keeping it appealing. I don't like fading out endings however, since I think the ending should add something to the tune, being an important part.
    I enjoyed the tune, it brings many new aspects of music to me. The rhythm with the bass playing is magnificent.

Greetings,
    Kjell

My God - suddenly I was thrown back into the late 60s electronic music courses in college. This piece is a wonderment on several levels, but most importantly - it is fun. After listening a couple more times I swear I heard the Ghostbusters station wagon speeding by.

No. Wait! Could have been Peter Gunn - I don't know. But I like it.

Bravo.

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond62 View Post
    Hi Fastlane,

don't know how you managed all those sounds. I started this Friday with your great piece, I am awake now, for shure.
    Just the piece of music to stay alert during rush hours. Great doing. All the 4:33 minutes.

Greetings,

Raymond
    Hi Raymond,

Yes, I had to deal with a lot of tracks and sounds. As many times, I had to cut back on some of the sounds for some clarity.

It’s definitely a wake up and get moving tune.

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by kjelleman View Post
    Good music and very skillfully done. Many interesting things happen along the way keeping it appealing. I don't like fading out endings however, since I think the ending should add something to the tune, being an important part.
    I enjoyed the tune, it brings many new aspects of music to me. The rhythm with the bass playing is magnificent.

Greetings,
    Kjell
    Hey Kjell! Thanks.

I started this using the main synth rhythm and then a lot of experimentation before things started to gel.

I debated about doing a clean ending or a fade out and decided a fade out in keeping with the time period-and it was less work. I guess I can always add a clean ending, possibably modlulating.

The bass was Art Vista’s Back Beat Bass. It goes from a rock-a-billy to jazz feel. I had it more towards the jazz setting. It also has other setting options.

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Davis View Post
    My God - suddenly I was thrown back into the late 60s electronic music courses in college. This piece is a wonderment on several levels, but most importantly - it is fun. After listening a couple more times I swear I heard the Ghostbusters station wagon speeding by.

No. Wait! Could have been Peter Gunn - I don't know. But I like it.

Bravo.
    Tom,

It does contain a few influences from the sixties and early seventies.

I borrowed the title from the Afrofuturistic George Clinton band Funkadelic/Parliment and their Mother Ship. Mitch Ryder and the Detroit Wheels, the Spencer Davis Group and period R&B. That first drastic change might be derived from the original Star Trek theme. Someone else also mentioned Peter Gunn.

I glad you enjoyed it!

Phil

Hi Phil,

With open mouth I listened to your magnificent piece. It reminds me a bit of André Brasseur (Belgian organ player who scored a world hit around 1970 with his "Early Bird". You're a master at this kind of music (not my field at all and I envy you). The bass is indeed wonderful and so clear cut (in you're mix and in its sound).

Thanks for this fantastic piece!

With admiration,

Jos
    Jos Wylin

http://www.joswyl.be compositions and sampling practices

Quote Originally Posted by Max Hamburg View Post
    Hi Phil,

With open mouth I listened to your magnificent piece. It reminds me a bit of André Brasseur (Belgian organ player who scored a world hit around 1970 with his "Early Bird". You're a master at this kind of music (not my field at all and I envy you). The bass is indeed wonderful and so clear cut (in you're mix and in its sound).

Thanks for this fantastic piece!

With admiration,

Jos

Hi Max,

Well, I wasn’t exactly sure what you would think of this one.

It’s not exactly high brow or even mid brow but I think it surprises and has a fun spirit to it.

As with most of my efforts it seems to come from no where but probably some where. It does require persistence.

I’m glad you enjoyed it!

Phil

Yeah, this is a LOT of fun, I heard and (thought I heard some more esoteric references to 60's - 70's.. I'l never forget when I heard 'One Nation Under a Groove' I would cycle that one piece for up to an hour at a time.. It etched into my should

You have a lot of great things going on here.. very appreciated.. Yeah I hear that 'Gimme Some Lovin' organ riff' one of the greatest rock Hammond organ riffs in history.. I'd hit that Leslie work that Leslie switch..

excellent and fun

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast