• Register
  • Help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Topic: "Woodwind Quintet Number Seven"

Share/Bookmark

Re: "Woodwind Quintet Number Seven"

Quote Originally Posted by sururick View Post
    Larry Larry Larry! I'm feeling a little fluty after listening to this! Another great piece!

Regards,

Frozen Igloo Guy
    Frozen Friend Dude,

It is presently SEVENTEEN degrees Fahrenheit here in Tyler, Texas USA! I have never been so cold in my entire life! Come down here and take this coldness back home with you...PLEASE! SEVENTEEN DEGREES! This is supposed to be the sunny South. Yeah...sure.

Thanks for listening to my woodwind work.

Best,

Larry G. Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by larryalex1 View Post

It is presently SEVENTEEN degrees Fahrenheit here in Tyler, Texas USA! r
    That IS cold !!! Minus 8.3 celsius. Not even in the Netherlands.

Raymond

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond62 View Post
    That IS cold !!! Minus 8.3 celsius. Not even in the Netherlands.

Raymond
    I am a Southerner by birth. I like warm weather.

Larry G. Alexander

It is -30c here in Canada where I live. It was -40c to -45c all last week. Sadly, the heater wasn't working properly either. I only got a bit of heat, and there was no heat outside the apartment suite. To give you an example... My CPU temperature at normal room temperature idles at 45c. With the extreme cold weather and a poorly functioning heater, my CPU was idling at 20c. I had to wear my winter jacket in the apartment just to keep warm. Thankfully,they fixed the heater and it is working properly now. I tell you though, those were a few cold days inside the apartment! I still like the winter better than the summer though. It can get up to 45c and close to 50c here. I'd take freezing over burning lol!

Regards,
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by sururick View Post
    It is -30c here in Canada where I live. It was -40c to -45c all last week. Sadly, the heater wasn't working properly either. I only got a bit of heat, and there was no heat outside the apartment suite. To give you an example... My CPU temperature at normal room temperature idles at 45c. With the extreme cold weather and a poorly functioning heater, my CPU was idling at 20c. I had to wear my winter jacket in the apartment just to keep warm. Thankfully,they fixed the heater and it is working properly now. I tell you though, those were a few cold days inside the apartment! I still like the winter better than the summer though. It can get up to 45c and close to 50c here. I'd take freezing over burning lol!

Regards,
    Richard
    As an American, I don't comprehend any temperature reading except Fahrenheit and I forgot how to convert C. to F.

I wouldn't survive in temperatures as low as you mention. If memory serves me correctly, the coldest temperature that I have ever experienced was minus two degrees in Louisville, Kentucky when I lived and worked there several years ago.

Thanks for listening to my woodwind quintet.

Best,

Larry Alexander

Hi Larry,

I enjoyed your WWQ No. 7!

The flute had quite a work out. The flute is one of the best sampled instruments so use it.

Lots of good musical ideas kept it interesting.

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by fastlane View Post
    Hi Larry,

I enjoyed your WWQ No. 7!

The flute had quite a work out. The flute is one of the best sampled instruments so use it.

Lots of good musical ideas kept it interesting.

Phil
    Thanks very much, Mister Phil. You have good taste in music.

Best,

Larry Alexander

Go Back to forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12