• Register
  • Help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Topic: Richard Strauss

Share/Bookmark

Re: Richard Strauss

As told before, I deleted the link to Richard Strauss. Copyrighted material, you know.

RR

Quote Originally Posted by tedvanya View Post
    This is not very Xmas music, but I am for the past four months floored by the Four Last Songs of Strauss, and I thought some of you did not hear them, or if you did it was a long ago and you may enjoy it again.
    If you are willing to listen (Renee Fleming, Eischenbach and Munchen) learn from this master how he handles a melody.
    It is over 9 minutes, so try it only if you have time. Nobody can listen and not squeeze out a tear on this beauty. This is the last of the four, "Abendrot" , Evening red.

https://app.box.com/s/uc6wq9bsx6j9vqomdnyblxmqscm2cnir

Hello Ted,

after a long while I am back to this forum. I did have lots on my plate these past months, moving and job change. Now I think I settled in a bit, and I hope I can devote again more time to music.

I wanted to listen to this Strauss "Abendrot", but it was gone from the BOX folder...
    so I searched a bit, and found it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppoqUVlKkBU

Copyright issues will be dealt with by YouTube, so no worries here

Cheers,
    Reinhold

Dear Ted, the "Abendrot" from R. Strauss for many years has been one of the most beautiful music I know. I wish Strauss had written more of this kind. Only in the Opera "Arabella" , I think, there a 2 arias/duett which come close to that...

I would love to listen to your rendition but unfortuneately it isn't available anymore... Could you check it? Thank you!!

Regards

Gerd

Hello Gerd, please use the address just ahead your answer and enjoy the video of Abendrot...
    Take a look of the comments. I thought I am the only crying man of this music, it is wonderful to see that I am not alone...

Ted

Go Back to forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12