• Register
  • Help

Topic: "Solitude"

Share/Bookmark

"Solitude"

Dudes and Dudettes,

Here is my solo cello work,
    "Solitude". I first posted this work over thirteen years ago.

Larry Alexander

Re: "Solitude"

A nice Cello piece Larry.

The pizz and bowing worked well!

We’ve had unusually dry, cool weather for over a week. It’s nice to get a little sunshine instead of overcast and rain for six months. I was close to the Olympic Mountains at Spider Lake yesterday but I didn’t see any spiders.

Phil

Lovely music Larry, it evokes Bach´s cello suites for me, which I listened to daily 25 years ago. With the cello, a lot can be done as you nicely demonstrate in this beautiful and unique music.

Kjell

Quote Originally Posted by fastlane View Post
    A nice Cello piece Larry.

The pizz and bowing worked well!

We’ve had unusually dry, cool weather for over a week. It’s nice to get a little sunshine instead of overcast and rain for six months. I was close to the Olympic Mountains at Spider Lake yesterday but I didn’t see any spiders.

Phil
    Good to hear from you, Mister Phil.

We had two days and nights of Yankee-type weather here in the sunny South. Night time lows were in the low twenties!

Thanks for listening and commenting.

Best,

Larry Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by kjelleman View Post
    Lovely music Larry, it evokes Bach´s cello suites for me, which I listened to daily 25 years ago. With the cello, a lot can be done as you nicely demonstrate in this beautiful and unique music.

Kjell
    Many thanks to you, Mister Swedish Dude. I am pleased that you liked my "Solitude".

Best,

Larry Alexander

Hi Larry,

I don't think I've heard that one before. (13 years ago I wasn't even aware of this wonderful forum). But the surprise is not less. This is a marvellous piece for cello solo, a kind of study with more than a fare share of fantasy (your style). I guess a lot of cello students would welcome such a piece!

Jos
    Jos Wylin

http://www.joswyl.be compositions and sampling practices

Quote Originally Posted by Max Hamburg View Post
    Hi Larry,

I don't think I've heard that one before. (13 years ago I wasn't even aware of this wonderful forum). But the surprise is not less. This is a marvellous piece for cello solo, a kind of study with more than a fair share of fantasy (your style). I guess a lot of cello students would welcome such a piece!

Jos
    Thanks for your message Mister Max (Jos ?) It's always good to hear from you.

Larry Alexander

A nice piece, with the dialogue between the two techniques.

Quote Originally Posted by angelonyc View Post
    A nice piece, with the dialogue between the two techniques.
    Thank you for the good words.

Regards,

Larry Alexander

Go Back to forum